My bad experience with an AW re-seller Hidevolution

Discussion in 'Alienware 18 and M18x' started by BlueNasser, Jun 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlueNasser

BlueNasser Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    No still nothing.

2. steviejones133

steviejones133 Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I am quite surprised that there was no public rectification of this issue for the OP. It would have served HID well, in terms of acknowledging their error and correcting it. Instead, it's all done 'cloak and dagger' and the OP gave up in the end. Not what you would call "good advertising" really - NBR must attract a LOT of business for HID as we are probably the largest Alienware community on the internet. Their approach and attitude just simply does not make good business sense - for the cost of a relatively low end OEM cpu, which the OP paid for to start with, they could have done themselves a great service by sorting the guy out....instead, he's left cheated and HID's 'reputation' is tarnished. Go figure.....

3. Izekael

Izekael Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    You should of fought this. It was pretty much a slam dunk fraud case for the worse lawyer in the world.

4. goten11756

goten11756 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Yes, he should have fought this till the end, but as with life, there are things that come up and don't work out well. It was unfortunate that OP gave up because of the trouble that HID gave him, but now because of this, we know what kind of company HID is. HID had one chance to easily fix this problem, but they decided to ignore it and drag it out till the end, hoping that the customer they screwed over intentionally gives up and lives with the fraud. I'm still scratching my head at the crude level of logic that HID displayed. Was revealing to the public how they DIDNT care to compensate their customer for their fraud more important than initiating the fraud in the first place?

5. alienwolf

alienwolf Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    After reading this it seems HID gave the standard answer you always see on ebay. It was the OP's fault not ours. He wont answer are emails. Ya right,
    see it all the time on there. Sad HID lost a customer and new ones after reading this. And Dell lost a customer.

6. Ramthor

Ramthor Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I was tempted to buy from HID a while ago, seeing their very competitive prices firstly on Amazon UK. Then I started to dig information about this company and the more I read, the more cautious I got. What did put me off for good was the fact that they don't actually sell Alienware, but a mixture of original parts and aftermarket ones, without any Dell support.
    Therefore I decided to go for the original product and not do any compromises for a few hundreds of pounds.
    Just 2 days ago I placed an order for a M18x with Dell UK with a discount of 17% of the listed price, which made me very happy.
    This morning I read this thread and I congratulated myself for my choice.
    HID may keep their machines they sell which are not Alienware's by any means. Nor are their standards.

7. goussama

goussama Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    No further comment from HID. Says it all.

8. tiduspr

tiduspr Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    reborn2003 likes this.
  9. dandan112988

dandan112988 Notebook Deity

Reputations:

that sucks they dont ship to p.r being that it IS part of the US. what part are you in?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.