MXM GPU Resellers in the world

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by sicily428, Apr 29, 2017.

1. sicily428

sicily428 Donuts!! :)

Reputations:
  2. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    not worth it to go quadro rtx if you ask me. cards are completely locked down (not even Prema magic can help here), dimensions and SMT layout is non-mxm standard, cards are power-starved and, of course, super expensive.

my money is still on the P5200 with standard mxm dimensions/SMT layout (= no heatsink or chassis mod necessary), unlockable TDP/Core/Vram clocks (Prema, baby!) and now a significantly lower price tag due to the release of the quadro rtx cards :)

only takes a very slight oc or good stock run of the unleashed P5200 to overtake the rtx 5000, so yeah...

Sent from my Huawei Mate 20 X EVR-AL00 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Nov 10, 2021
    mknrls, Blacky and sicily428 like this.
  3. qwerty8224

qwerty8224 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    @ jaybee83
    видеокарты MXM (quadro RTX 3000,4000,5000) не будут работать на других ноутбуках?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
  4. sicily428

Reputations:
    IBASE introduces EC-7100 embedded system with NVIDIA MXM graphics card

https://www.automation.com/automati...embedded-system-with-nvidia-mxm-graphics-card

[​IMG]
    January 15, 2020 – IBASE Technology introduced the EC-7100 built with the NVIDIA GTX 1080 graphics card equipped with 2560 CUDA cores, 8GB GDDR5X memory and up to 9 TFLOPS capability. The EC-7100 platform combines the computing power of the NVIDIA’s MXM GPU hardware accelerator and the 7th Generation Intel Core processor family to leverage streaming data for artificial intelligence-driven applications in the transportation, automation and retail industries.

The EC-7100 measures 340 x 170 x 79mm and is suited for most indoor installations. The standard model comes installed with an Intel Core i7-7700 3.0GHz processor, 16GB DDR4 system memory that is expandable to 32GB, and one 128GB SATA-III SSD storage and a spare connector for a second drive. Four DisplayPort 1.4 interfaces are available, together with expansion provided by M.2 sockets, a full-size mPCIe and a SIM card slot. Also supported are Ubuntu and Windows 10 operating systems, as well as a maximum of three Gigabit Ethernet ports.

5. sicily428

Reputations:
    MXM HP RTX5000
    [​IMG]

6. silverchairbg

silverchairbg Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Nothing interesting really, the slot on the Asrock Deskminis is indeed an actual MXM slot and they have been advertising this since 2017, you can find LinusTech and other youtubers videos about them from that period. This specific card might not be exact MXM dimensions. but there is a posibility it would fit on some laptops with extra space.

mknrls likes this.
  7. runix18

runix18 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    How will you resolve the lack of the vbios?
    Can we actually solder one and program vbios to it and it will work in clevo laptops?
    Will it post? Can prema help us with a vbios for it?

moral hazard likes this.
  8. silverchairbg

silverchairbg Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Quick question, I have an upgraded GPU in my Zbook 15 and just noticed that there are 3 newer BIOS updates for my laptop. Since the BIOS exe HP ships for my laptop contains the vbioses for the original GPUs, should I avoid flashing new BIOS, with the thought that it might try to flash incompatible vbios to the upgraded GPU? Anyone done any BIOS updates since GPU has been upgraded?

9. senso

senso Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Those will be micro-code updates only at best, at worst they will be microcode updates, capped power limits on EC and disabled BIOS downgrade possibility.
    If its working dont mess with it.

10. fricknbot

fricknbot Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Was wondering if anyone knows of somewhere I can get a clevo rtx 2060 for cheap or just get one at all, thanks!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk