MXM 2.1 II : ATI 4670 1GB DDR3 card found!

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by King of Interns, Dec 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. $immond$

$immond$ Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Why go through that headache?
    No guarantees its compatible, no guarantees it works, and if it fails no guarantees about getting refunded.

Say what are the refund policies?

yea it sounds like a sweet deal... Is this retailer legit? what are the reviews?
    none of that can be easily accessed if you don't speak the language.

2. EchoShade

EchoShade Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Whose the manufacturer of that card? I thought MSI was the only one who made those and the MSI card is green.

3. $immond$

Reputations:
    Looks like the card is sold from a website that allows suppliers to privately sell products like an on line bazaar.

From the parent website you can order a "Ford Telescopic Shock", "online fortunes" to sesame noodles. (according to google)
    It looks like a Taiwanese Ebay of some sorts.

I don't think Id order from there, unless I needed a "Ford Telescopic Shock" or my fortune told.

4. $immond$

Reputations:
    From the looks of the card it could possibly be MSI, its hard to tell as its not in English, maybe MSI made red cards? Taiwan does manufacture allot of hardware and products. It could also be made by a third party company unknown to the western world.

5. $immond$

Reputations:
  6. classic77

classic77 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Umm first of all, if what you are implying is that the card is of low quality; most GPU's come from taiwan, and second, Taiwan isn't a manufacturer...its a country...I was asking MSI/Acer/Asus etc.

Also, I ordered my 4650 MXM module from germany...I speak no german...it went well, you cant avoid taking risks when modding your notebook.

7. gazzacbr

gazzacbr Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    any chance to save this thread? i too was interested in the title but not the slanging match.
    it does sound very risky though. anyone confirm if these cards actually exist. i bought my card (in sig) as a 9600GT off ebay. maybe the card is not what it says. will get my wife to translate a bit more later (she and the site are chinese)

8. MexicanSnake

MexicanSnake I'm back!

Reputations:
    That 9600gt IS VERY EXPENSIVE!!!.

Those are like less than $160 USD + shipping:mad: .

BTW
    Im selling one over these forums for $100 USD. :p

9. $immond$

Reputations:
    Sorry classic77 I misread your post, I thought you asked where the manufactures originate from, and yea this card being a no-name at this point could also be of low quality. I don't trust ordering products from China or Taiwan especially from a website that also sells online fortune telling, I am not sure how credible this site is. If your so certain its the holy grail of deal, order it and tells us if it works for you.

That's probably best, also if possible check if he has a refund policy for defective products, if you can get the site translated in person even better, just make sure this guy is credible.

10. Meins321

Meins321 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    anyone asked him to get his staff to ebay?
    then it would be safer with paypal and shipping :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.