Multi-Threaded Rendering in WoT

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by hmscott, Dec 31, 2018.

1. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Trystan Baltazar and Vasudev like this.
  2. Kevin

Kevin Egregious

Reputations:
    They've been out for 8 years and never supported multi-threading? I'm honestly surprised.

hmscott likes this.
  3. Mr.K-1994

Mr.K-1994 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    What sort of joke is this?

WoT devs except for engine limitations or budget constraints should be considered lazy and a shame to game devs.

Why don't you even implement Multi thread support for an active 8 year old game?

4. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Because it is so well coded they haven't needed to? :)

They support 15 year old CPU's/GPU's, and those users are happy with the 2 threaded performance, and it's been that way all along, including now. It's a matter of wanting to do more, now that more is available on enough user computers.

If you watch and pay attention to what they said in the video it will all make sense.

And, you can download their game, support their efforts to add multi-threaded support, and let other developers see that there are rewards to adding support for 8c/16t CPU's and beyond.

There are plenty of old game engines that need the same kind of updates to modernize, or be replaced with a game engine that does. WoT is a rare example with their positive modernization updating their game engine. :)

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
  5. Trystan Baltazar

Trystan Baltazar Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Been playing World of Tanks for a long time now. :) Glad to see countless improves to the overall graphics quality and feel of the game. No wonder why despite being so old, WOT is still prominently featured in countless gaming benchmarks that I have seen on Youtube for current generation laptops and desktop GPUs.

Although currently, I am more hooked in their Naval Title, World of Warships :D I love firing all my guns at practically the same time. Makes a very nice thunderous roar as each gun goes off. xD

hmscott likes this.