MSIGT73VR or SagerNP873-S

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by Dave025, Nov 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave025

Dave025 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello everyone!

I wanted to ask you which laptop was overall better? I am planning to use it for Video editing and Gaming.
    I can't find a proper review of the Sager one, but users around the web say it's the best laptop in the market.

2. Galm

Galm "Stand By, We're Analyzing The Situation!"

Reputations:
    The NP8173-s?

Much much much thinner. What are you speccing them both out with? The GT73 can take higher gpus but it'll cost like twice as much.

3. Dave025

Dave025 Newbie

Reputations:
    But is the MSI a good laptop overall? Compared to other brand like Alienware or Asus?

4. Galm

Galm "Stand By, We're Analyzing The Situation!"

Reputations:
    That depends on what models your comparing it to. It's super super fat compared to most other brands because it's sli capable. But it's built well and well cooled. But so are most other brands...

5. Dave025

Dave025 Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks for your answers! would you then reccomend it for someone who needs to do video editing and gaming? Some model like the Gt73VR?

6. SkidrowSKT

SkidrowSKT Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    The GT73VR is one of the best equipped machines with high end GPUs. The only issue is the fact MSI laptops are always priced a bit more than their direct competitors, but it's built like a tank. If you don't mind holding a +4KG unit, it's a joy to use.

7. kennyman

kennyman Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    not really, AW probably has better build quality. if you open the gt73vr is kinda plastic feel. IMO AW are almost that apple quality build. sadly gt73vr only goes half way on the build quality.

msi steel series keyboard is annoying to type on - I am trying to get used to it, been AW owner mostly. AW tactx keyboard much better to type on.

but yes you want your machine to be thick and well cooled, becos the thin laptops will overheat for the likes of AW, gigabyte, aurous, asus? you are a gamer, not an 'apple'. why you think apple don't play AAA games? cause its too THIN. its the law of physics. therefore u can conclude All thin lappies will be gimped and overheat.

you can ofcos wait for AW gtx1080 owners for feed back.

clevo's I have no comment, gt73vr so far all the way!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.