MSI Sent my laptop to the wrong address

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Midas Touch, Oct 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DRevan

DRevan Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Did you send the laptop to HID or to MSI for warranty repair?
    If you sent it to HID, why are you talking with MSI ? You only need to talk with HID, their job is to talk with MSI and get a compensation.
    If the shipping company marked the package as lost, you need to get a compensation from HID and after that how will they handle their own compensation with MSI is not your concern.

hmscott likes this.
  2. Midas Touch

Midas Touch Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I sent the notebook to HID, Sorry, it's a quote from @Ted@HIDevolution. I tried to contact MSI via email but no response, I'm not gonna bother with them now because Ted Kim is the one talking to MSI and he just forward the messages to me. Like I said in the previous post, Ted Kim told me that MSI will NOT refund me in cash, only replacement with a refurb notebook or I add cash for the trade-in.

TBH, I only want a cash refund or a brand new replacement so I will keep asking them that.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
    hmscott likes this.
  3. DRevan

DRevan Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Oh okay.
    UPS has GPS tracking and the customer who received the package had to sign for it so they definitely can track it where it has been delivered. UPS has to simpy appologyze and pick it up from the fellow who signed for it.
    If this can not happen than UPS has to mark the package as "LOST" so MSI could start a claim for the value of the package. UPS messed up so they need to pay for their mistake, hopefully MSI had insurance with UPS for such a high value item.
    I do not know the laws of the US, but here in this country IF the person who received the package by mistake refuses to give it back, than that is "unlawful acquisition" which is because of the value of the item is a criminal offence, so the police needs to get involved too.

So what needs to be done:
    - HID contacts MSI to retreive the package
    - MSI contacts UPS to retreive the package
    - UPS tries to pick the package up from the delivery address, if that fails they report the case to the police and also conduct an internal investigation to roll out the possibility that it was just misplaced in an UPS facility. They also log the package as "lost" so MSI could start a claim for the value of the package.
    - MSI receives the compensation and sends it to HID
    - HID receives the compensation and sends it to you

At least this would be the legal way without leaving out any participants. However, I do not want to disappoint you, but unless HID steps in, it will take hell of a time. The main problem here is the middle man, MSI, because they had the shipping contract with UPS, so only they can file a claim for the lost package, HID's hands are actually tied in this matter.
    Yes HID or even MSI could pay you out of their own pocket so you wouldnt have to wait, however this will never happen. Only thing can HID do is to push MSI to get a claim from UPS. UPS will either pay up or retreive your package. Hopefully MSI was not so cheap to leave insurance out, and they declaired the value of the package at UPS because if they did not, they HAVE TO pay you out of their own pocket.

tl;dr:
    You WILL get your money, do not worry, however it will take time. IF all goes well, with the UPS inspection, MSI claim and HID claim we are talking about 1-3 months of time when you get your money back, If I had to guess, I would say 2 months.

ps: if MSI already offered you another laptop, definitely go with that. Because as I mentioned above, getting a full refund will take much more time.

4. Midas Touch

Reputations:
    They offered a refurb replacement which I will not accept.

hmscott likes this.
  5. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    If you paid with a credit card, you might call the credit card company, and ask for customer service after purchase assistance, explain the situation, and see what they offer to do for you to help. They might refund your original purchase price.

6. Midas Touch

Reputations:
    I used Bitcoin.

Vasudev and hmscott like this.
  7. hmscott

Reputations:
    I'd get the upgraded GT73VR 1080, it'll outperform the GT80S, it'll be lighter, smaller, probably quieter than the GT80S, and you only need 1 PSU - +SLI isn't supported in a lot of new games these days, so a single high performance GPU will be best.

I wouldn't get the 1070 SLI GT73 model...or any of the GT83's...unless you want a large keyboard laptop like the GT80S again... do you want that?

Midas Touch likes this.
  8. Midas Touch

Reputations:
    Sorry man, I'm not up for jokes, I'm extremely stressed right now.

hmscott likes this.
  9. hmscott

Reputations:
    Yeah, again I don't understand why the pressure is on you, they lost it they should replace it - HID is the responsible party.

You shouldn't be stressed out over this at all, that's not right. There should be no out of pocket expense to you either.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
    Midas Touch likes this.
  10. Midas Touch

Reputations:
    For now I don't want to spend $700 - $1000 dollars for the trade-in. I already spent some of that in my upcoming content creation project which is about to get cancelled anyway because I don't have a powerful workstation.

Vasudev and hmscott like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.