MSI Sent my laptop to the wrong address

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Midas Touch, Oct 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    delete

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
    Phoenix likes this.
  2. Midas Touch

Midas Touch Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Hmmm

3. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Nothing to hmm about. I deleted my comment out of respect for @Donald@HIDevolution

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phoenix likes this.
  4. Midas Touch

Reputations:
    Ok

5. Midas Touch

Reputations:
    The choices

>>Obtain a replacement GT80S 274 (or equivalent, most likely refurbished), QC it, then send the product back to you. You will still retain your trade up opportunity when the next generation graphics processor is released.

>>Obtain a replacement GT80S 274 (or equivalent, most likely refurbished), have us hold it until the next generation graphics processor is released, then use your trade up opportunity once the time comes. This choice is effectively the same as your original plan.

>>Upgrade to the GT75VR 202 at the specified upgrade cost, and forego your 2nd trade up opportunity.

>>Upgrade to one of the models on MSI's approved list, which includes the GT73VR and GT83VR, at the specified upgrade cost, and retain your 2nd trade up opportunity

6. DRevan

DRevan Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Go with the GT75VR.

hmscott likes this.
  7. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    @Midas Touch
    And give up a Volta/Ampere GPU upgrade? No way are the GT75 extras over a GT73 worth giving up that 2nd GPU upgrade.

The GT73VR Pro-866 7820HK / 1080 / 120hz display, or similar 1080 configuration runs great, and you can upgrade to whatever new GPU comes next :)

I don't understand how this happened to you, but you should tell them to return your full value as a refund in cash, or *give* you what you want - without any cost to you.

MSI may have lost the laptop, but HID is responsible for it as it's warrantied by them and they promised to handle the repair for you as part of their warranty.

Maybe I don't understand the situation, but as I understand it it's up to HID to give you what you want and for HID to get compensation themselves from MSI. You shouldn't need to be involved with MSI directly.

You should come out ahead, not be forced to take something that's less than what you had / want, and there should be no cost to you. If you paid shipping to start, that should be refunded as well.

Good luck :)

inm8#2 likes this.
  8. Midas Touch

Reputations:
    That is a great choice but MSI only offer 1 year warranty and I give up the 2nd gen upgrade.

Unfortunately MSI will NOT refund me in cash, they will only replace it with the same model but refurbished or equivalent...I asked Ted Kim what is the equivalent of the GT80S 273 and is it also refurbished? "Still waiting for MSI response" says Ted.

My guess is that they probably won't refund me in cash because I sent the laptop to HID for repairs but found out its the mobo that is damaged so they sent it to MSI for mobo repair/replacement. Things would have been easy if they just refund me in full.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
    Vasudev and hmscott like this.
  9. DRevan

DRevan Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Well in that case, you should get a refund for the laptop and HID should handle any compensation with MSI. HID was responsible for handling warranty and you should not be kept waiting until they sort out this lost item with MSI.

Vasudev and hmscott like this.
  10. Midas Touch

Reputations:
    "MSI said they are unable to provide monetary compensation in place of a system replacement." I told them I will not and I don't accept refurbished notebooks, not ever in my life that I want to buy a refurbished no matter how cheap it is.

hmscott and saturnotaku like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.