MSI Sent my laptop to the wrong address

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Midas Touch, Oct 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Midas Touch

Midas Touch Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    A month ago I sent my laptop to HIDevolution for repairs and they sent it to MSI. It's been a couple of weeks now and last night I emailed HIDevolution asking them how is the laptop repair going and one of HIDevolution RMA support responded that MSI have sent the laptop to the wrong address and that they trying to locate it.

I don't know how they managed to send it to the wrong address and I don't know if it's going to get recovered, or I'm going to get fully compensated if the laptop is lost.

Also if it's truly lost then I'm no longer comfortable because I did not formatted the SSD/HDD and I'm afraid if the person who is going to receive it is going to meddle with it.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
    Vasudev likes this.
  2. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Dno if you can blame this entirely on MSI, sounds like HIDevolution might have given the wrong adress here, but whatever the case, this is quite serious.

3. Midas Touch

Reputations:
    After the laptop is repaired it's going back to HIDevolution, it's just impossible that HID have given the wrong address.

4. Danishblunt

Reputations:
    Why would MSI then send the notebook back to a random guy then?

5. Midas Touch

Reputations:
    There is not much detail so I don't know. I'm still waiting a response from HID. If MSI does sent it to some random guy I don't think that person is ever going to return the laptop but one thing that makes me feel uncomfortable is that person is going to meddle with the laptop.

6. Danishblunt

Reputations:
    Well that's my point. You never know who messed up, for all we know it might have been HIDevolution. Not saying they are bad or that they tend to do this or anything, just making sure you understand that blaming MSI for something they might not have done might not be the best way of handling things. Obviously the situation is bad and this shouldn't have happened in the first place but if you don't really know whats going on, blaming somebody won't really help you.

So i'd suggest taking a chill pill and see what happens. For all we know your notebook might still be at MSI and there was some communication problem and they were talking about a completely different notebook, hell MSI or HIDEvolution might have simply mixed up numbers or something for all we know.

Keep us updated tho!

7. bennni

bennni Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I wouldn't discount the possibility of courier error or another type of courier issue.

If the sender used a tracked and insured service, the usual procedure would be to initiate a wrong-recipient investigation and if the package cannot be located and redelivered, to issue you a refund. The time required depends on the courier and how well organised the sender is. If the sender didn't use a tracked and insured service, then it becomes a bit more difficult. The sender will generally have to start the wrong-recipient investigation from their end. If the sender really has sent the package to the wrong address by switching the shipping label with another customer's package, or physically writing the wrong address etc... then the courier will likely reject the claim, stating that the package was correctly delivered. The sender will ordinarily then refund from their own pocket. Not enough info to give more than general advise.

As for the contents of the HDD in the event that the package has vanished: hopefully it was encypted.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
  8. Midas Touch

Reputations:
    HIDevolution have given the correct address but MSI sent it to the wrong address. The signature on the shipping records also confirm that the customer didn't received it. HID called that person and he said he is going to ask the neighbors around him. HIDevolution formatted the notebook before sending it to MSI.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
    Mr. Fox likes this.
  9. Midas Touch

Reputations:
    There seems to be no chance in recovering the laptop. Waiting for the next step.

10. Danishblunt

Reputations:
    Wow that sounds like a bummer. What broke on the notebook btw?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.