MSI notebook order thread: post your orders here

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Phoenix, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Support.2@XOTIC PC

Support.2@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    I would agree, they do great work!

Vasudev likes this.
  2. skman

skman Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Last edited: May 10, 2018
    Phoenix likes this.
  3. skman

skman Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    the beast is here!
    @Phoenix would love to get some of your time for your tweaks, whenever you might be available. i'm in hong kong so 4 hours ahead of you

4. candyninja32

candyninja32 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey everyone!
    After a lot of time debating with myself on what to get, I finally found the one
    Just ordered this guy
    MSI GT73VR 7RF TITAN PRO-HID1 17.3" w/ G-Sync nVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
    Plus the conductonaut and the hole upgrade
    Also shipping prices will be the end of me :(
    Cant wait to have it in my hands :)

Phoenix, Vasudev, skman and 1 other person like this.
  5. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Best purchase you ever made! You will thank me later for the thermal upgrades. Peace of mind brother...

Feel free to steal my signature including the MSI Gaming Team logo then edit it to match your system's specs.

Vasudev, candyninja32 and skman like this.
  6. candyninja32

candyninja32 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi,
    Donald sent a mail confirming that these mods were possible and changed my order to it, so really happy about that.
    Also thanks for the signature template :)

7. Lovebadger

Lovebadger Newbie

Reputations:
    I just ordered an MSI GS65 from HIDevolution. I'm looking forward to replacing the aging Dell I am currently using.

I appreciate the info from this forum, I have been lurking and reading up on the newer laptops for a while now.

Custom Built MSI GS65 8RE Stealth THIN-050 15.6" w/ nVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
    Game Bundle

GS Backpack
    LCD Panel
    15.6" FHD (1920*1080), 144Hz 7ms Wideview 72%NTSC Color Anti-Glare
    Display Warranty
    30 Days Zero Defective Pixel Warranty (perfect panel guarantee) - $35.00
    Video Card
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 w/ 6GB GDDR5
    Processor
    Intel® 8th Generation Coffee Lake Core™ i7-8750H 6 Core - 12 Thread Processor, 2.2 GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 4.1 GHz), 9MB Smart Cache
    Thermal Interface Materials
    Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut on CPU + GPU, and Fujipoly Extreme Thermal Pads on heat sensitive surfaces – BEST PERFORMANCE – installed by HIDevolution - $95.00
    Memory
    16GB Dual Channel DDR4/2400MHz (2 x 8GB)
    M.2 PCIe RAID Options
    no RAID (1st drive as primary boot drive, 2nd drive as storage drive)
    M.2 PCIe Slot 1
    MSI Approved 512GB M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4 NVMe SSD
    M.2 PCIe / SATA Slot 2
    None
    Wireless Cards
    Intel® Wireless-AC 9560 802.11 ac/a/b/g/n 2x2 NGFF w/ Bluetooth 5.0
    Operating System
    Genuine Windows® 10 Pro, 64bit, English
    Operating System Clean Install
    Yes, Clean Install of Windows 10 including 32GB Clean Install Flash Drive - $40.00
    Office Software
    None
    Power Adapter
    180W AC Power Adapter (supports 100-240V)
    Internal Battery
    Internal 4 cell (82Wh) battery
    Audio
    Dynaudio Speakers 2W*2
    Steelseries Keyboard
    Steel Series per-Key RGB with Anti-Ghost key (84 Key)

8. MBN

MBN Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi All,

I just wanted to share the time line and experience regarding my order. So it is as following

• Order Placed: 25th April 2018
    • Order Shipped: 07th May 2018 ( I chose DHL as my shipping method, However I believe it was upgraded to Fedex International Economy with 5 to 7 business day delivery) Thank you HIDEvolution team !
    • Order Received: 13th May 2018 ( one day after scheduled delivery, this was only due to me selecting the package to be delivered to my work place instead of my home).
    Then I turned on the laptop and started setting it up. While doing that I was about to reach out to @Phoenix to schedule a time for his tweaking session. However I then realized that the Windows version installed on the laptop was the Windows 10 Home and not the Pro as per my order. No big deal, I dropped HIDevolution
    support a quick email and opened a ticket. Few hours later ( due to the 11hrs time difference between UAE and US) I was contacted by
    @Zoltan@HIDevolution who explained to me that Windows 10 Pro was on back order and I should expect it around Friday 18th May.

This was totally fine with me as I was not in a rush and the process was as simple as updating my Windows 10 Home with the new Windows 10 Pro license copy once I received it. Immediately the next day, I was positively surprised to get an email from @thattechgirl_viv with my Windows 10 Pro license key. I went ahead and attempted to updated my Windows 10 key but it didn't work.

I reached out again to HIDevolution support and informed them on the same, Zoltan then called me and connected to my laptop through TeamViewer and started looking into it. He then realized that my license copy is for a full version of Windows 10 Pro and not for an upgrade version ( Home to Pro). Therefore a format of windows followed by a fresh install was required.

Since the time was almost 1AM local time in UAE and I had to wakeup early for work. I asked him if we can schedule this for tomorrow. Due to the time difference I have asked him if it was possible to do it as early as possible ( Los Angeles time). So that I can have enough time on the support session to do everything thoroughly.

The next day, and 2hrs before the time I expected Zoltan to call. I received a call from him, which was also a welcomed surprise. I believe the call was at 7AM LA time. A couple of hours later, the laptop was formated, Windows 10 pro was installed, drivers were installed and everything else was updated and successfully completed.

Apologies for the long post, I just wanted to capture my experience in detail, and note that it resulted in me getting to know another great person from HIDevolution team.

Thanks again @Zoltan@HIDevolution for your time and patience !

9. Kitty Kun Fu

Kitty Kun Fu Newbie

Reputations:

Hello :)

I'm new to the board but have lurked for a while. Thank you for doin what cha's do because I have learned so much here! So much so, I felt confident enough to pull the trigger on the following:

Order date: 05/15/2018 --- HIDevolution

Custom Built MSI GT75 8RG TITAN-056 17.3" w/ G-Sync nVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

LCD Panel
    17.3" FHD (1920*1080), 120Hz 3ms Wideview 94%NTSC Color Anti-Glare w/ G-Sync Technology
    Video Card
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 w/ 8GB GDDR5X
    Processor
    Intel® 8th Generation Coffee Lake Core™ i7-8850H 6 Core - 12 Thread Processor, 2.6 GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 4.3 GHz), 9MB Smart Cache
    Memory
    HIDevolution Approved Premium 32GB Dual Channel DDR4/2666MHz (2 x 16GB) - installed by HIDevolution
    M.2 PCIe / SATA RAID Options
    RAID 0 (Striping - Best Performance) - MSI Super RAID 4
    M.2 PCIe / SATA SSD RAID Configurations
    512GB (2 x 256GB) HIDevolution Approved M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4 NVMe SSD - Installed by HIDevolution -
    M.2 PCIe Slot 3
    None
    2.5" HDD/SSD Bay
    1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6Gb/s Hard Drive
    Wireless Cards
    Killer™ Wireless-AC N1550 802.11 ac/a/g/n 2x2 NGFF w/ Bluetooth 5.0
    Operating System
    Genuine Windows® 10 Home, 64bit, English
    Operating System Clean Install
    Yes, Clean Install of Windows 10 including 32GB Clean Install Flash Drive - $40.00
    Power Adapter
    330W AC Power Adapter (supports 100-240V)
    Internal Battery
    Internal 8 cell (75Wh) battery
    Audio
    Dynaudio Tech Speakers 3W *2 + Subwoofer 5W *1
    SteelSeries per-Key RGB Mechanical KB with Anti-Ghost ...
    Warranty and Service
    1 Year MSI + HIDevolution Limited Global Warranty w/ 1 ...
    MSI Front Lid Logo Color
    White (Standard)

I hope @Phoenix will consider helping out a board newb get her rig set-up right once it's delivered??

10. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Welcome to the MSI gaming team @Kitty Kun Fu

Once you get it, when you first turn it on and get the initial Windows 10 Setup Wizard, it will prompt you to connect to a Wireless Network, click on SKIP on the bottom right otherwise you will be forced to login with a Microsoft account which I strongly advice against.

Also, when it prompts you to enter a password, leave the blank for now as during our tweaking session, we will need to reboot a lot and that will just slow us down.

First thing I want you to do to save us time is to right click on your start menu button, then choose SYSTEM, from there,, hit Rename This PC and choose a name for your computer. (ie. I name mine TITAN). The name should be in capital letter. Some of the tweaks are tied to the PC name and thus, you want to name it properly from the get go rather than keeping the default random name which Windows assigns it (DESKTOP-999-BLABLABLA)

Next, go to PC Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and perform all the Windows updates. After rebooting, check for updates again just to make sure there aren’t any more updates

The moment you are in Windows, go ahead and do all the Windows updates which will take a long time, then download and install TeamViewer then run it, it will give you an ID/Password which you could pass on to me via a PM so I can connect to you.

You won't be able to PM me unless I PM you first so what you want to do is, when you get it, just tag me by using the @ sign then type my username right after it with no spaces and I will PM you then

Kitty Kun Fu and Vasudev like this.