MSI notebook order thread: post your orders here

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Phoenix, Jan 19, 2017.

1. asm1

asm1 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'm In the UK - Got mine from www.saveonlaptops.co.uk - a trading name of www.box.co.uk

Laptops are "as is " I guess - I changed various bits in mine when I got it. PM if you want more details.

Warranty is standard 12 months but when you register the laptop online you get an extra 3 months.

2. pkrfctr

pkrfctr Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Just getting ready to order the gs65, I'm overdue for an upgrade. How does everyone feel about getting 2 year extended warranties? This will be my first MSI. Ordering from hidevolution

asm1 likes this.
  3. asm1

asm1 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I've just purchased a warranty extension which adds another 15 Months (1 year + 3 months) from a very nice man in Germany (Ebay was my friend) So I now have a warranty for 2 years and 3 months on my Raider. Ironically the hinges on my Gigabyte P34w failed at 2 years 2 months (warrranty was only two years - typical *rolls eyes*)

In short, if you can get an extension for a good price go for it.

Vasudev likes this.
  4. Rall

Rall Newbie

Reputations:
    I chose the msi gs65 stealth thin with 1070 maxq from xoticpc at first. But doing more research into other sellers, found hidevolution and despite them being a bit more expensive, their thermal conductants with the pads are what sold me especially with @Donald@HIDevolution being extremely understanding and helping me with my gs65 configs. Will be using it for moderate gaming and some school work.
    Hey @Phoenix wanted to know if you can help tweak things up a bit faster when it arrives? Would love the laptop to be at the best and quickest. Preordered the laptop around the 16th and was extremely sad for the release fate being pushed back. Now just gotta wait till preproduction is done...the wait is killing me haha.

5. skman

skman Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Just moved into pre production after a short back order wait!

Phoenix likes this.
  6. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Hey man, congratulations! you made the right choice! The thermal grizzly conductonaut and fujipoly pads are a MUST on today's laptops due to how how the CPUs get s every degree you can know off with these upgrades is a plus. What use is a laptop if it doesn't work 100% even if you saved some money? Good job

For the tweaks, sure, I will PM you now so that the moment you get your laptop you can let me know and we can get you tweaked with the Super Phoenix Tweaks, I guarantee you will be blown away by the tweaks.

7. doofus99

doofus99 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Sorry yet again to hijack an MSI thread, could anyone possibly take a look at this realistic use-case. I am running Windows 10, nothing much loaded except a game World of Warcraft. The laptop is an Alienware 17 R5 with 4K display, i9-8950HK, 32GB 2666MHz RAM and GTX-1080. While running a game, the CPU is not overly utilised, around 20% and even less, the GPU runs smoothly at 70C and 170W, but the CPU keeps throttling when it gets hot and the PCH keeps getting hotter, at 93C now and rising slowly. I attach a screen shot of what it looks like with the sensors on display. The fans are full blast and quite noisy and the keyboard is HOT at 51C in places (right shift key) for example. The SSD (512GB) also got hot for a while at 93C, more typically spends its time at 75C and it's not being thrashed at all. The laptop sits with its back raised on a Mastercooler U3 Plus base, with no fans however.

Can the MSI do better? I have asked for a refund from Dell and am free to buy anything so would like to evaluate the options.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 5, 2018
  8. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I'd suggest you to switch to Clevo's or MSI (if you want mechanical keyboard and great audio) if you want great out the box thermal performance on stock paste. You see AW fans ramp up very slowly and that raises the temps quickly and almost impossible to cool down unless you turn on CPU performance mode and full fan speeds at stock fans. They decided to cut corners at every thing or parts which is a major disappointment for me.

9. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Create your own threads next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. ELCL2

ELCL2 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello all, after hundreds of hours spent trying to find a good, well-rounded laptop I ordered a MSI GT72VR 6RE 289ES Dominator Pro Tobii.

It's my first laptop, I'm very excited but. I hope it'll work well.

I'll tell you more when the laptop arrives.