MSI notebook order thread: post your orders here

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Ultra Male, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    awesome man! congrats! tag me once you get it if you want me to tweak it for you. These are the Phoenix Tweaks, one should never use Windows 10 without these tweaks unless they don't value their privacy:

1- Uninstallation of all the Windows Store Garbage Apps like 3D Paint, Print 3D, Alarms & Clock, Feedback Hub, Maps, Groove Music, News, Weather, etc.
    2- Removing all Windows 10 Privacy Invasion stuff like Telemetry, sending your keystrokes to Microsoft, automatically installing suggested apps in the background, allowing Microsoft to conduct experiments on your laptop, disabling automatic driver updates through Windows updates, disabling Windows 10 ads, disabling Cortana, Cloud Search etc.
    3- Removal of nVIDIA and Intel Telemetry
    4- Adjusting a lot of options in PC Settings like disabling Windows Tablet Mode (you have a laptop not a tablet), disabling suggestions appearing in the start menu, disabling automatically connecting to Paid WiFi Hotspots, disabling Game DVR which reduced performance in games, and a lot more.
    5- Replacing Cortana with a much better search tool that finds results instantly called Everything which finds any file you want as soon as you start typing even a few letters of its name and it doesn't even rely on the Windows Indexing Service to do this!
    6- Restoring the classic Windows Photo Viewer
    7- Restoring the Classic Windows 7 Start Menu
    8- Removal of the new and useless 3D Objects Folder that appears when you open "Computer"
    9- Completely disabling Windows Defender from its roots (including all scheduled tasks and startup files) for those who want to install their own AV. ESET NOD32 Antivirus is highly recommended if you want the utmost security with the least system performance impact.
    10- Updating all drivers to the latest versions in case they weren't up to date.
    11- Disabling the performance hit that is caused by the Meltdown and Spectre patches recently released by Microsoft (optional, only if you don't mind having this security vulnerability and would rather have your CPU's full performance back)
    12- Overprovisioning your SSD anywhere between 10-20% depending on how much space you can spare to ensure optimal and consistent performance at all times.
    13- Blocking the Google Chrome Software Reporter Tool (which causes a high system load when it is scanning files)
    14- Updating all drivers
    15- Creating a system restoration image using Macrium Reflect

[​IMG]

2. Sakr3d

Sakr3d Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I will definitely reach out and I am big user of Team Viewer. :D

3. Xerion

Xerion Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Recently had this session myself. It's awesome. Be ready to take notes. :)

4. Sakr3d

Reputations:
    I should record the entire session! How is your lappy running now?

5. Xerion

Xerion Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hah, totally wish I had recorded the session. There is a ton of info - just too much to try and remember. Luckily it finishes with a disk imaging so that you always have the result available.

Laptop has been running smoothly. No weird hiccups or random delays due to who-knows-what. The best thing (for me at least) was seeing all the telemetry being disabled. There is so much being captured it's not even funny. Phoenix was even kind enough to walk me through a mild overclock (3.9GHz) since our machines are close enough. That's been rock solid as well.

Be sure to allocate a few hours for the session. Also, you can help by updating the drivers beforehand. Will definitely save some time due to the restarts involved. Here's what Phoenix suggested for me:
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...and-gaming-laptop.812984/page-2#post-10690333

6. Sakr3d

Reputations:

My lappy should be here by Saturday. I will be installing Windows 10 Pro myself and will be using the Phoenix install guide. I already have the drivers downloaded and ready for install as well. I'm so excited. I've been without my own pc/laptop for 3 and half years and I am about to burst!

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
    Donald@HIDevolution and Xerion like this.
  7. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Download Windows 10 Redstone 4 RTM= https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hwCkHPUh37v1dD9zcOHckvZcVrWYVtYJ

How to select Windows Home or Pro when installing Windows 10
    NBR Windows 10 Clean Installation Guide

Sakr3d and Donald@HIDevolution like this.
  8. Sakr3d

Reputations:
    Donald@HIDevolution likes this.
  9. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    From the past years, it is the same 97%. The RTM was always the same build as the final.

Can one be 100% sure? No, but I can tell you this, this RTM is way more stable and has no bugs compared to the pile of garbage called Redstone 3 which is the worst build ever released since the history of Windows 10

Also see: Windows 10 Redstone 4 reaches RTM milestone

Sakr3d and Donald@HIDevolution like this.
  10. Sakr3d

Reputations:
    Got it. Already downloading the RTM file and have the *.cfg file ready to go as well.

Are there any applications I should have at the ready? I've already downloaded the following:

Autoruns for Windows v13.82
    BatteryInfoView v1.23
    Everything
    GPU-Z v2.8.0
    HWiNFO v5.74
    O&O ShutUp10 v1.6.1395
    Winaero Tweaker v0.9

You list also has SyncBackPro instead of Macrium Reflect, so not sure which one you are preferring.

All other apps listed I wasn't sure I'd use.

Last thing, Is it really necessary to have a defrag program when all I have are SSDs?

Donald@HIDevolution likes this.