MSI notebook order thread: post your orders here

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Ultra Male, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Nice! I like the you went with Dual 8x2 GB RAM sticks rather than a single 16GB, that means your RAM will operate in Dual Channel mode rather than Single Channel.

Also very smart getting Windows 10 Pro!

Welcome to the MSI Gaming Team man.

Let me know if you need help tweaking it when you get it. These are the magical Phoenix Tweaks!

1- Uninstallation of all the Windows Store Garbage Apps like 3D Paint, Print 3D, Alarms & Clock, Feedback Hub, Maps, Groove Music, News, Weather, etc.
    2- Removing all Windows 10 Privacy Invasion stuff like Telemetry, sending your keystrokes to Microsoft, automatically installing suggested apps in the background, allowing Microsoft to conduct experiments on your laptop, disabling automatic driver updates through Windows updates, disabling Windows 10 ads, disabling Cortana, Cloud Search etc.
    3- Removal of nVIDIA and Intel Telemetry
    4- Adjusting a lot of options in PC Settings like disabling Windows Tablet Mode (you have a laptop not a tablet), disabling suggestions appearing in the start menu, disabling automatically connecting to Paid WiFi Hotspots, disabling Game DVR which reduced performance in games, and a lot more.
    5- Replacing Cortana with a much better search tool that finds results instantly called Everything which finds any file you want as soon as you start typing even a few letters of its name and it doesn't even rely on the Windows Indexing Service to do this!
    6- Restoring the classic Windows Photo Viewer
    7- Restoring the Classic Windows 7 Start Menu
    8- Removal of the new and useless 3D Objects Folder that appears when you open "Computer"
    9- Completely disabling Windows Defender from its roots (including all scheduled tasks and startup files) for those who want to install their own AV. ESET NOD32 Antivirus is highly recommended if you want the utmost security with the least system performance impact.
    10- Updating all drivers to the latest versions in case they weren't up to date.
    11- Disabling the performance hit that is caused by the Meltdown and Spectre patches recently released by Microsoft (optional, only if you don't mind having this security vulnerability and would rather have your CPU's full performance back)
    12- Overprovisioning your SSD anywhere between 10-20% depending on how much space you can spare to ensure optimal and consistent performance at all times.
    13- Blocking the Google Chrome Software Reporter Tool (which causes a high system load when it is scanning files)

[​IMG]

Donald@HIDevolution likes this.
  2. jimvarney01

jimvarney01 Newbie

Reputations:
    Excellent Phoenix! I might have to take you up on that. I think they said it will be a couple weeks to get it. Let me know what I need to do to get it tweaked! Thanks!

3. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Once you get it, when you first run it and get the initial Windows 10 Setup Wizard, it will prompt you to connect to a Wireless Network, click on SKIP on the bottom right otherwise you will be forced to login with a Microsoft account which I strongly advice against.

Also, when it prompts you to enter a password, leave the blank for now as during our tweaking session, we will need to reboot a lot and that will just slow us down.

The moment you are in Windows, go ahead and do all the Windows updates which will take a long time, then download and install TeamViewer then run it, it will give you an ID/Password which you could pass on to me via a PM so I can connect to you.

You won't be able to PM me unless I PM you first so what you wanna do is, when you get it, just tag me by using the @ sign then type my username right after it with no spaces and I will PM you then

4. JoshT

JoshT Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I apologize if this isn't the correct place for this question, but can't figure out where else would be.

I'm getting very close to placing an order with @Donald@HIDevolution and am going to use some sort of financing for my purchase. I know I can get 6 months through PayPal, but I'm very interested in that Splitit service advertised on the HIDevolution site.

@XiCynx, I was wandering how that has worked out for you and what are your thoughts on the service having used it? Also wandering how you ended up with both a wire transfer and Splitit financing because I'd love to get that 2.5% cash payment discount plus financing, unless of course it wasn't eligible for the discount due to being partially financed.

If anyone else has used this service please let me know what you think. @XiCynx is the only person I've seen mention it, but the more the merrier.

5. Donald@HIDevolution

Donald@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    If you pay part cash, you will get the 2.5% cash discount on that amount, and then you can finance the rest for up to 12 months (your choice of the number of months) with no interest with Splitit.

Splitit works by splitting your payment up to 12 times, charged on a monthly basis. You will need a VISA or MasterCard credit card (debit card will NOT work) that has the full amount of the order as available credit. Splitit will authorize your card for the full amount for the duration of the plan and charge you only the monthly due amount every month. Authorizations to your card do reduce your credit limit by that amount but are not charged interest.

To use the simplest example, let’s say you are purchasing a $12 item that you want to finance over 12 months. Your credit card must have at least $12 available credit. Splitit will authorize your card for $12. At time of shipping you will be charged $1 and $11 would remain as authorized. On month 2, you will be charged an additional $1 and $10 would remain as authorized. This goes on until the remaining balance is charged.

6. JoshT

JoshT Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks @Donald@HIDevolution for the further explanation. I have the CC covered and the authorization holds will not be a problem.

I mean no offense, but I was really hoping that I might hear from someone that has made a purchase using it. Given the reputation of HIDevolution, I can probably trust Splitit or you wouldn't be offering it.

7. Donald@HIDevolution

Donald@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    No offense taken. I just answered my part of your inquiry...I will await other member's comments on their experience using it.

We have been using it for years, without a single customer losing as much as a penny.

Papusan likes this.
  8. unpilot

unpilot Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I decided to retire my old stealth pro so I ordered one of these.
    MSI GS73VR Stealth Pro-033 with 32 gigs of ram and a 512 ssd card. I should get it next week. I got a refurb one for $1899 which seem like a good deal since they are still going for $2400.

It has been a while since I have been tweaking a laptop...good to see Phoenix is still around with the excellent advice!

9. Xerion

Xerion Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    complete.png

Very excited! My first MSI should be with me soon.
    Here's what's on the way:

Holiday Game Bundle
    GT Battlepack, Gaming Headset​
    LCD Panel
    17.3" Full HD (1920x1080) 120Hz~3ms 94%NTSC TN Matte LCD w/ G-Sync Technology​
    Display Warranty
    30 Days Zero Defective Pixel Warranty (perfect panel guarantee)​
    Video Card
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 w/ 8GB GDDR5​
    Processor
    7th Generation Intel Core i7-7820HK Quad Core Processor, 2.9 GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.9GHz), 8MB Smart Cache​
    Thermal Interface Materials
    Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut on CPU, Gelid GC Extreme on GPU, and Fujipoly Extreme Thermal Pads on heat sensitive surfaces – BEST PERFORMANCE – installed by HIDevolution​
    Memory
    32GB Dual Channel DDR4/2400MHz (2 x 16GB) - installed by HIDevolution​
    M.2 PCIe RAID Options
    no RAID (1st drive as primary boot drive, 2nd drive as storage drive)​
    M.2 PCIe / SATA Slot
    HIDevolution Approved 512GB M.2 SATA 6Gb/s SSD - Installed by HIDevolution​
    M.2 SATA SSD Slot 2
    None​
    2.5" HDD/SSD Bay
    1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6Gb/s Hard Drive​
    Wireless Cards
    Killer™ Wireless-AC N1535 802.11 ac/a/g/n 2x2 NGFF w/ Bluetooth 4.1 - installed by HIDevolution​
    Operating System
    Genuine Windows® 10 Pro, 64bit, English​
    Operating System Clean Install
    Yes, Clean Install of Windows 10 including 32GB Clean Install Flash Drive​
    Office Software
    None​
    Power Adapter
    230W AC Power Adapter (supports 100-240V)​
    Internal Battery
    Internal 8 cell (75Wh) battery​
    Audio
    Dynaudio Tech Speakers x 2 + Subwoofer x 1​
    Steelseries Keyboard
    Steel Series Gaming Backlit Color Changing Programmable 102 keys w/ Silver Lining Print - U.S. English​
    Warranty and Service
    3 Year MSI + HIDevolution Limited USA Warranty + 1 Year Global Warranty w/ 1 Year USA Accidental Damage "No Oops" Protection (Registration within 30 days of Ship Date Required) + LIFETIME HIDevolution Technical Support​
    HIDevolution Global Warranty
    None​
    MSI Front Lid Logo Color
    White (Standard)​

Thanks to Phoenix for the suggestion and Donald for the great pre-purchase discussion.
    Will be getting the Phoenix optimization once it arrives and I'm guessing I should run some burn in tests. I'm sure there's a thread around here somewhere...

10. Sakr3d

Sakr3d Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I had a wonderful conversion with Donald and this is what I got based on his recommendations. This was such a wonderful experience that I know I will be back in contact with HIDEvolution when it's time to replace my kid's computers.

Holiday Game Bundle: GT Battlepack, Gaming Mousepad, Gaming Headset

LCD Panel:
    17.3" FHD 120Hz 5ms WideView Angle 94% NTSC Anti-Glare Screen (16:9) (1920x1080) w/ G-Sync Technology

Minimize LCD Backlight Bleed:
    Yes, quality check and give me a panel with minimal backlight bleed.

Video Card:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 w/ 8GB GDDR5X

Processor:
    Overclocked 7th Generation Intel Core i7-7820HK Quad Core Processor, 8MB Smart Cache

Thermal Interface Materials:
    Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut on CPU, Gelid GC Extreme on GPU, and Fujipoly Extreme Thermal Pads on heat sensitive surfaces – BEST PERFORMANCE

Memory:
    32GB Dual Channel DDR4/2400MHz (2 x 16GB)

M.2 PCIe / SATA Slot 1:
    Samsung 960 EVO 500GB M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4 NVMe 3D-VNAND SSD

M.2 SATA SSD Slot 2:
    None

2.5" HDD/SSD Bay:
    Empty HDD bay (with caddy/adapter) - -$30.00

Wireless Cards:
    Killer™ Wireless-AC N1535 802.11 ac/a/g/n 2x2 NGFF w/ Bluetooth 4.1

Operating System:
    Genuine Windows® 10 Home, 64bit, English (I have Windows 10 Pro which I will install myself using Phoenix's clean install guide.)

March 15 - Order Placed
    March 16 - Payment Review Complete
    March 20 - Pre-Production
    March 20 - Parts/Product On Order
    March 23 - Pre-Production
    March 27 - In Production
    March 27 - Awaiting Shipment
    March 27 - Complete

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018