]]>

MSI notebook order thread: post your orders here

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Phoenix, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Nickbdt86

Nickbdt86 Newbie

Reputations:
    I can't wait till I get mine. im so excited

Phoenix likes this.
  2. jimvarney01

jimvarney01 Newbie

Reputations:
    Talked to Donald and he was very helpful in getting it specced out properly. How'd we do? Unfortunately had to get office as well since it will double duty to do word processing/excel... Had to finally retire my old Lenovo Y500 as it had some trouble recently and all of a sudden wouldn't POST. Can't wait to get my hands on a new one!

Custom Built MSI GF62 7RE-2025 15.6" w/ nVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050TI
    LCD Panel

15.6" Full HD (1920x1080) eDP Vivid Color 94% NTSC Matte Display
    Video Card
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050TI w/ 4GB GDDR5
    Processor
    7th Generation Intel Core i7-7700HQ Quad Core Processor, 2.8 GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.8GHz), 6MB Smart Cache
    Memory
    16GB Dual Channel DDR4/2400MHz (2 x 8GB) - installed by HIDevolution
    M.2 PCIe x4 or SATA SSD
    HIDevolution Approved 256GB M.2 SATA 6Gb/s SSD - installed by HIDevolution
    2.5" SSD/HDD Bay
    1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6Gb/s 9mm Hard Drive
    Wireless Cards
    Killer™ Wireless-AC N1535 802.11 ac/a/g/n 2x2 NGFF w/ Bluetooth 4.1 - installed by HIDevolution
    Operating System
    Genuine Windows® 10 Pro, 64bit, English
    Operating System Clean Install
    Yes, Clean Install of Windows 10 including 32GB Clean Install Flash Drive
    Office Software
    Microsoft Office 2016 Home and Student - includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote
    Power Adapter
    150W AC Power Adapter (supports 100-240V)

Donald@HIDevolution and Phoenix like this.
  3. Phoenix

Phoenix Colonel

Reputations:
    Nice! I like the you went with Dual 8x2 GB RAM sticks rather than a single 16GB, that means your RAM will operate in Dual Channel mode rather than Single Channel.

Also very smart getting Windows 10 Pro!

Welcome to the MSI Gaming Team man.

Let me know if you need help tweaking it when you get it. These are the magical Phoenix Tweaks!

1- Uninstallation of all the Windows Store Garbage Apps like 3D Paint, Print 3D, Alarms & Clock, Feedback Hub, Maps, Groove Music, News, Weather, etc.
    2- Removing all Windows 10 Privacy Invasion stuff like Telemetry, sending your keystrokes to Microsoft, automatically installing suggested apps in the background, allowing Microsoft to conduct experiments on your laptop, disabling automatic driver updates through Windows updates, disabling Windows 10 ads, disabling Cortana, Cloud Search etc.
    3- Removal of nVIDIA and Intel Telemetry
    4- Adjusting a lot of options in PC Settings like disabling Windows Tablet Mode (you have a laptop not a tablet), disabling suggestions appearing in the start menu, disabling automatically connecting to Paid WiFi Hotspots, disabling Game DVR which reduced performance in games, and a lot more.
    5- Replacing Cortana with a much better search tool that finds results instantly called Everything which finds any file you want as soon as you start typing even a few letters of its name and it doesn't even rely on the Windows Indexing Service to do this!
    6- Restoring the classic Windows Photo Viewer
    7- Restoring the Classic Windows 7 Start Menu
    8- Removal of the new and useless 3D Objects Folder that appears when you open "Computer"
    9- Completely disabling Windows Defender from its roots (including all scheduled tasks and startup files) for those who want to install their own AV. ESET NOD32 Antivirus is highly recommended if you want the utmost security with the least system performance impact.
    10- Updating all drivers to the latest versions in case they weren't up to date.
    11- Disabling the performance hit that is caused by the Meltdown and Spectre patches recently released by Microsoft (optional, only if you don't mind having this security vulnerability and would rather have your CPU's full performance back)
    12- Overprovisioning your SSD anywhere between 10-20% depending on how much space you can spare to ensure optimal and consistent performance at all times.
    13- Blocking the Google Chrome Software Reporter Tool (which causes a high system load when it is scanning files)

[​IMG]

Donald@HIDevolution likes this.
  4. jimvarney01

jimvarney01 Newbie

Reputations:
    Excellent Phoenix! I might have to take you up on that. I think they said it will be a couple weeks to get it. Let me know what I need to do to get it tweaked! Thanks!

Donald@HIDevolution and Phoenix like this.
  5. Phoenix

Phoenix Colonel

Reputations:
    Once you get it, when you first run it and get the initial Windows 10 Setup Wizard, it will prompt you to connect to a Wireless Network, click on SKIP on the bottom right otherwise you will be forced to login with a Microsoft account which I strongly advice against.

Also, when it prompts you to enter a password, leave the blank for now as during our tweaking session, we will need to reboot a lot and that will just slow us down.

The moment you are in Windows, go ahead and do all the Windows updates which will take a long time, then download and install TeamViewer then run it, it will give you an ID/Password which you could pass on to me via a PM so I can connect to you.

You won't be able to PM me unless I PM you first so what you wanna do is, when you get it, just tag me by using the @ sign then type my username right after it with no spaces and I will PM you then

Donald@HIDevolution likes this.