MSI notebook order thread: post your orders here

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Phoenix, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Maggie12

Maggie12 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    LOL.....I sent a simple email with a couple of questions and included my cell number (which I don't normally do). Later my cell rang and it showed a California number. I wouldn't normally answer that call since the number isn't in my contacts and I didn't know who it was but for some reason I thought it was one of my cousins so I answered. Yep, it was @Donald, I nearly fell out of my chair!!!!! I wasn't necessarily going to place my order that night but he was so very helpful, going through all the options. I spent considerably more than I had originally planned but when all is said and done I got what I "wanted" rather than probably what I "needed" (honestly I usually go the "overkill" route....LOL).

It's my #1 most satisfying purchase experience I've EVER had and when I need another MSI laptop (which I am already planning for my sister in about 4-5 months) I will contact @Donald. I felt immediately that I could trust his judgement and recommendations....and I don't normally feel that way about many of the salespeople I've talked with.

2. Killer_Networking

Killer_Networking Company Representative

Reputations:
    You are right. I have confirmed with the boss that, since 4.2 is almost strictly Internet of Things related, most Bluetooth device drivers are 4.1, even in Linux, even though the hardware and Linux are both technically capable.

3. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Donald has been around the block a few times. The man knows what he's doing, and he doesn't forget a (virtual) face. I had ordered a couple notebooks from him more than 10 years ago, and he remembered those transactions when we were discussing the Clevo system I ordered from HID last year.

4. Midas Touch

Midas Touch Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I see. I ordered a laptop and a couple of upgrade from HID last Nov. 29 and was shipped just yesterday. :(

Hope it gets here before Christmas. There is a wild traffic going on right now in customs check.

Donald@HIDevolution and Vasudev like this.
  5. DannyB513

DannyB513 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I paid for the rush build. Their normal build time is 7-12 days. Says so right on their website.

Donald@HIDevolution likes this.
  6. Midas Touch

Reputations:
    Does that mean that they don't have the laptop in hands and they still have to order it from the manufacturer?

7. DannyB513

DannyB513 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    No. They build them in order of the orders they receive.

Donald@HIDevolution and Phoenix like this.
  8. Midas Touch

Reputations:
    Thanks for the clarification.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017 at 12:49 AM
  9. ZERO195

ZERO195 Newbie

Reputations:
    Thank you for the offer. Donald spoke pretty highly of you. If I need help with anything I'll be sure to give you a buzz, :)