MSI notebook order thread: post your orders here

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Phoenix, Jan 19, 2017.

1. ThatOldGuy

ThatOldGuy Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    More likely the time stamps don't match. My unit was being tested when status was "pre-production". Like a bank "may take 12 hours to update" is about right for this kind of production.

hmscott and Donald@HIDevolution like this.
  2. ThatOldGuy

ThatOldGuy Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Posted at the same time;)

hmscott and Donald@HIDevolution like this.
  3. XiCynx

XiCynx Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I will still edit you this custom wallpaper deeming you the Glorious PC Maker Race. Enjoy!

[​IMG]

4. XiCynx

XiCynx Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Well, delivery was attempted while I was here at home but FedEx is ****ty and didn't knock hard enough for me to even hear them so now my laptop is just going to be sitting on a truck the whole weekend because of the signature requirement on the package. FedEx has to be the worst when it comes to delivering things around here I swear. Was hoping to have a fun weekend of setting up my laptop and now I have to wait until Monday evening until I get off of work and have my laptop sit out on my back porch all day since they couldn't knock hard enough while I was in the living room specifically waiting for them to show up. Get an email 10 minutes after they attempted delivery that no one was home... christ...

Phoenix and hmscott like this.
  5. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Find out what Fedex depot are holding the package, call the depot and let them know the package number and ask if you can drive over and pick up up today. Most depots are open till 2pm on Saturday...

6. XiCynx

XiCynx Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I did, they said because it is a Ground shipment that the packages don't go back to a facility for pickup, they just stay on the truck until the next delivery attempt. I ask if the driver could re-deliver and he said the most he can do is send a message to the station to see if the driver can or not. They would contact me back if it was possible. Haven't heard anything yet and it's been about 45 minutes. Called them 10 minutes after the truck left, figured he was still close enough to just swing back by.

7. hmscott

Reputations:
    Well, I've actually had them re-deliver, so it can happen, Good luck :)

8. XiCynx

XiCynx Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Just called back and spoke to another representative and she said that Home Deliveries and Ground Shipments are never re-delivered the same day... what a ****ty day this turned out to be. :/

9. hmscott

Reputations:
    Hmmm, I know I've had it done before, but it was years ago now, and on a weekday.

I've also been burned with the "it's on the truck" shtick before, looking at it through the Fedex fenced lot.

Try to have a nice weekend anyway :)

10. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    This is a complete and utter lie.
    I've had MULTIPLE deliveries redelivered the same day by FedEx--because I lived in an apartment complex at the time which had a gated front area and they couldn't get in if no one was at the office.
    It got so bad that I was even given the phone number to the warehouse!

As long as I contacted the driver VERY QUICKLY after a delivery was attempted, he would usually come back close to the end of his route (around 6-7 pm).

hmscott likes this.