MSI in canada

Discussion in 'MSI' started by polish_jr, Jan 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skel

skel Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    www.rjtech.com

I just suggested this site in another thread as an option for buying MSI products. After checking their shipping policies, I discovered that they do indeed ship internationally.

Also, looks like they do offer a few MSI models with 12" displays.

Good luck!
    ;)

2. polish_jr

polish_jr Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    thanks skel, I'll look into it. I love how even though we share a boarder and have a free trade agreement, US companies still have to consider Canada international.
    You know when the new gov't gets into office on Monday... we'll be a whole lot closer!:D

I got a reply from MSI Canada saying that they are still in the development stage and that within months expect to carry more models... I might wait... I dunno... I just want to buy a 12 inch wide screen soo bad!

3. digows

digows Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    polish_jr, what you think about www.rjtech.com? this is the only place that have MSI-1013...

4. unleaded

unleaded Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The issue with shipping to Canada by U.S. resellers is more of a matter of customs fees, taxes and duties. I am sure that if you reach out to the various resellers that carry MSI products and agree to assume those obligations they would be happy to ship products to you.

5. guitarist

guitarist Newbie

Reputations:
    Another idea is to get it sent to shipping receiving outfit just across the border like Shiphappens. They charge me $4 for the pickup. I opened a US account and deposit enough to use a chequing-credit card. I'm in Vancouver area so the border is like 5 minutes away.

I know it's lame for us Canadians AND the pricing stuctures are skewed/outdated so we end up paying to much especially as our dollar will approach par before too long.

Any US company that is flexible will get a 10% boost above US only market share. Pretty smart for blowing past some perceived and, albeit , real complications.

Mr. Unleaded what was your store URL again? Might you work with us, then?

6. unleaded

unleaded Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    If you have a U.S. address for shipping and a valid method of payment, I don't see why U.S. resellers would not ship to such and address. They may want to do some more checks for validity as alternate addresses can be fishy, but at the end of the day I'd say it would probably fly.

I try not to advance my store directly in these forums so I'd rather not state which outfit I'm associated with.

7. digows

digows Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  8. CoffeeShark

CoffeeShark Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Be very careful using pricegrabber, lots of bait-and-switch going on, just research them like you would any other reseller.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.