MSI GT83VR TITAN SLI-212 @ 1k

Discussion in 'Notebook and Tech Bargains' started by gt83vr6reHelp, Aug 8, 2018.

1. InOrderToSignIn

InOrderToSignIn Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Since the offers were accepted, does that mean he got the ~$19k? Does that mean ebay has to reimburse people out of their own pocket? If he moved the money fast enough of course

2. electrosoft

electrosoft Tick Tock Clarice....

Reputations:
    I'm sure ebay will lock it down fast enough and put a hold on any fund transfers due to seller inactivity.

On the rare off chance some of the funds actually made it to his account and ebay isn't able to recover them, ebay and/or the buyers credit cards will cover fraud.

3. gt83vr6reHelp

gt83vr6reHelp Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    it's because he was using the money to get the merchandise in the first place. A couple assholes left negative feedback even though they never gave him the chance to ship because they knew that's how it was going down. Prematurely reporting a post as fraud before the seller even had the chance to ship was pretty dirty. Seller's account has been active since 2005 and he had PERFECT feedback prior to a couple of assholes tarnishing his ebay rep. There was absolutely nothing pointing to that it was a scam.

A huge part of me thinks it could have been a US based Var/vendor who operates on this website that ruined this deal for users simply because it would possibly make it harder for them to make their sales goals if business is going elsewhere. Another part of me thinks that there is the possibility that the listing also could have been a mission to find buyers as the same exact model popped up for auction right after. I won't be surprised when a dummy account shill bids the auction above retail price and then doesn't pay :p thus wasting all that time and effort.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  4. electrosoft

electrosoft Tick Tock Clarice....

Reputations:
    I just checked and:

All negative and that bogus positive feedback have been removed
    Both listings have been removed
    The account is still active and in good standing

This is standard par for the course when someone's account is hacked and used for scam sales and the original owner wrestles it back and ebay cleans up the damage done while it was compromised.

InOrderToSignIn likes this.
  5. InOrderToSignIn

InOrderToSignIn Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    That honestly entered my mind. I thought it was pretty strange that they hadn't had any activity in a year or so and all the sudden they have a huge line on cheap machines haha.

Glad ebay sorted it out. Hopefully they were able to get their money back as well, rather than having to pay the consumers out of their pocket.