MSI GT76 Titan announced!(NBC)

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Mr.K-1994, May 22, 2019.

1. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Nice to see MSI is hand-tuning each laptop before it leaves the factory for an all core 5.0ghz performance, but for me 4k @ 17.3" is not something I'd want as it's going to be hard to read at native 4k.

It looks massive, over 10lb's, with the potentially massive performance it should be awesome.

...Edited to remove 15.6" comments...

Last edited: May 26, 2019
    Dr. AMK, Xatanú and CedricFP like this.
  2. CedricFP

CedricFP Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    This is a 17.3" laptop though it does have slim bezels. There is also going to be a 144 FHD option for those who don't want 4K.

If I were getting this, I'd probably opt for the FHD 1080p option as my use case would primarily be for gaming.

Dr. AMK and hmscott like this.
  3. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Thanks for the correction, double checking it's all over the place, 17.3", I had just watched the KitGuru video and at 00:40 he says 15.6" bezel, but earlier - when I wasn't paying attention, he said 17.3", correcting my post.

Happy to hear it's gonna have the 144FHD option :)

Last edited: May 26, 2019
    Dr. AMK and CedricFP like this.
  4. ThatOldGuy

ThatOldGuy Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Video doesn't look promising. Unless I am missing something, it looks to be GPU soldered to motherboard :(

Dr. AMK likes this.
  5. Ghost 350

Ghost 350 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I don't get why they went with the standard keyboard as opposed to the mechanical one from the GT75. Everyone said that keyboard was really great. Dunno why they went back to the standard keyboard here.

Rengsey R. H. Jr. likes this.
  6. LoneSyndal

LoneSyndal Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Size issue from the article in my earlier post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Ashtrix

Ashtrix ψυχή υπεροχή

Reputations:
    It is BGA GPU. RIP MSI, Alienware Area 51 looks less tacky than this tbh (But the old M1x gen and my Ranger look much better without that big butt copy from ASUS), except the I/O ports. But with Ryzen 3000 and it's PCIe 4.0 with 12C/24T (X570 which are just announced at Computex) which absolutely decimates this, and rumored 16C/32T AMD chip this is dead and when 10th gen Intel launches both the A51M and this won't be able to upgraded, I'm pretty sure they won't pass their Factory GIMP QC check and Anti-consumer checks for us to screw us over, esp with the A51M burning up. That MSI 1070N GPU with tab, horrid mutations from their lineup of GT series, MSI upgrade fiasco are just a proof of that, NB DTR scene is just mainstream now with the bling factor.

If the 9900K/KS and 10th gen are enough, buy a Z390 Dark + GSkill DDR4 4000 B-Die and be done with it and get extreme perf or look at X570 or even the Threadripper 3 if it launches, rather than shell 2x times for these overpriced laptops with dead ends and gimps with chastity locks all over.

Last edited: May 27, 2019
  8. TheReciever

TheReciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    Just cant have everything I guess. Shame this was looking pretty good!

Dr. AMK likes this.
  9. CedricFP

CedricFP Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    BGA GPU? Why even bother if you're going to socket the CPU?

What's the thought process behind this?

10. Xatanú

Xatanú Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    If I had to choose I would prefer soldered CPU and socketed GPU (MXM or proprietary). The chances of having to upgrade the CPU in 3/5 years if you go with the most powerful now are low, and Intel sockets change from one gen to another, so you would have to replace the mobo aswell. While for the GPU it's another story.
    Anyway it's always nice and desirable to have everything upgradable.

Last edited: May 27, 2019