MSI GT75 TITAN Drivers

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Phoenix, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Realtek Audio Driver updated to v6.0.1.8468

Papusan and Vasudev like this.
  2. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Any security issues that the driver fixes? I see lot of realtek driver updates and so I asked.

hmscott likes this.
  3. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Better compatibility with Nahimic where previous versions sometimes did not change any effects when you change an audio profile like Music, Video, Gaming, etc from Nahimic.

This is a freakin' Audio Driver not an Antivirus to have security issues :rolleyes:

Vasudev and hmscott like this.
  4. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Interesting bit of Computer Viruses and Worms Trivia: What major Taiwanese Semiconductor manufacturer has had it's secure signing certificate used to sign infected driver installation software that carried the malicious computer worm, "Stuxnet" ?

Realtek. :)

It's always good to scan anything you download, even from a vendor or OEM site, it's happened to many a good soul, having their download sites hacked - and infected software updates swapped in to infect the unwary.

Possible New Rootkit Has Drivers Signed by Realtek
    Author: Dennis Fisher, July 15, 2010 6:31 pm
    https://threatpost.com/possible-new-rootkit-has-drivers-signed-realtek-071510/74217/

"Security researchers have identified a new suspicious program that is copying itself to PCs via USB mass storage devices and is digitally signed with the certificate of Realtek Semiconductor, a major manufacturer of computer products based in Taiwan."

The program, known as Stuxnet, looks like a somewhat standard-issue piece of malware, with a couple of key exceptions. Stuxnet uses an LNK file to launch itself from infected USB drives onto PCs. LNK files are used by Windows programs as a shortcut or reference to an original file, and this is thought to be the first instance of a piece of suspected malware using a LNK file to infect machines.

Secondly, and far more worrisome, is the fact that the two drivers associated with the Trojan are digitally signed with the Realtek certificate."

Sometimes rapid followup updates can simply indicate a problem with the driver - but it can also indicate security issues with the downloads - with rapid replacement of items.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
    Vasudev likes this.
  5. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Security issue will be something like these: Buffer overflow when you change default sampling rate from 16 bit to 24/32bit higher hertz thing. Or too much apps asking exclusive access to audio chip etc...
    Even Intel driver mentioned security issues fixed and so did nvidia with their updated nvHDA.inf and inctaud.inf(intel hd audio hdmi passthrough audio on optimus systems).

hmscott likes this.
  6. aaronburr

aaronburr Newbie

Reputations:
    First off, thank you so much for this thread. I spent the past week or so on the MSI forums trying to get an explanation on why I was missing options on my track pad settings. No one seemed to get what I was asking until I was finally pointed here.

I downloaded the latest drivers for the synaptic touchpad and tried installing it using SynMsi_v19005.31001.0.0_x64, but I'm getting the following error:

Should I be installing them a different way?

Thanks!

7. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    First thing you need to do when you download anything from the internet is to right click on the file or the zip file, go to properties, then tick the UNBLOCK box on the bottom right then hit APPLY then OK otherwise all the files within that ZIP will also have a BLOCKED status leading to erroneous downloads.

Donald@HIDevolution and Papusan like this.
  8. aaronburr

aaronburr Newbie

Reputations:
    Weird I've never to do anything like this with drivers before. I went ahead and did what you recommended, but I'm still getting the same error when I run SynMsi_v19005.31001.0.0_x64.

9. itaylor57

itaylor57 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Well the same error happens whether you unblock or not.

10. Djadit

Djadit Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hello
    What if i want install killer control center i must installed the driver from setup?
    I tried install from store without installing driver. But when i open killer control center popup message not killer service running

EDITED : requires the killer driver and service to be installes
    Sent from my CPH1723 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018 at 4:15 PM