MSI GT75 TITAN Drivers (8th gen)

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Spartan, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Djadit

Djadit Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Can i install thunderbolt driver on gt73vr 7th gen?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Vasudev likes this.
  2. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Yes you can. Its best to update Thunderbolt drivers to latest ones possible. Don't install 8th gen TB3 firmware on 7th gen because chips and PD FW might differ and will make TB3 useless.

Spartan likes this.
  3. AU4U

AU4U Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    GT75 8RF ...
    Anyone using a WiFi card other than Killer? .... I'm fed up with it.

4. Killer_Networking

Killer_Networking Company Representative

Reputations:
    Hi AU4U,

We just released new drivers last week which included numerous updates for the Killer Wireless cards (1435, 1535, 1550, and AX1650). We have had good responses from multiple people having issues (in particular with the AX1650). Please try the latest ones on our support site. If you still have issues, can you detail them or reach out to our support team directly so we can help to root cause/fix them?

Thanks,
    Thomas
    Killer Networking

5. AU4U

AU4U Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I just did this and got rid of DC for good, I'm not going to miss anything from it. And Silent Option, after using Cooler Boost it doesn't revert to Auto like DC does, so there is an improvement right away. IDK why MSI couldn't make the fan control work properly in DC, stupid or retarded coding by an outsource?
    The next 3 that need attention are:
    • Killer - Soon to be replaced with Intel.
    • Steelseries - Once I get it working it will never be updated again.
    • Nahimic - I needs a full featured replacement that works.
    I'm sick and tired of being a Beta tester, cant they send out updates that work ... W10 does!

hmscott likes this.
  6. Wild Turkey

Wild Turkey Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I updated to the latest SS Engine and it completely hosed my system. It would only recognize 1 device, Keyboard OR Mouse, never both.

Installed software with only keyboard, works fine. Plug in Mouse, NEVER sees it (although it works). Uninstalled software, plugged in mouse, reinstalled, Keyboard not recognized and backilght doesn't work but mouse is now recognized and seen by SS Engine.

I had to wipe the whole dang system to get it all to work again.

7. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Follow @Killer_Networking advice.
    Grab their Killer Uninstaller from Majorgeeks or their main site and install their full package with UWD drivers and app OR grab INF only packs.
    If your router or AP supports dual band its best to use 5GHz instead of 2.4GHz AP.

Killer_Networking likes this.
  8. Killer_Networking

Killer_Networking Company Representative

Reputations:
    Hi AU4U,

Like Thomas explained we released a new driver from Intel (21.40.2.2) for the Killer AX1650 (AX200) and the Killer AC1550 (9260/9560) both made with Intel Base Modules. So if Intel drivers are having issues, seeing as our card was made with Intel it will in turn have issues as well. This is a major update that has helped a lot of users with their hardware. We also Updated the Qualcomm 1435 and 1535 Modules Drivers as well (12.0.0.918) Again we apologize for any issues you have had with your device. We are always happy to help, if you are still having issues you can reach out to us directly here - https://support.killernetworking.com/submit-a-ticket/

Thank you again for your time,

Nicholas with Killer Networking

hmscott and Vasudev like this.
  9. prodj

prodj Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    My Realtek Audio device just stopped working for no reason.
    I tried to uninstall, didn't help. Uninstalled all audio devices and re installed realtek - nothing helps.
    I have only High Definition Audio Controller in System Devices with Error: This device cannot start. (Code 10).

What to do? Please, help.

10. Spartan

Spartan Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    did you try using Display Driver Uninstaller in Safe Mode to get rid of the previous Realtek Audio Driver, that will completely wipe off the older driver but make sure you're not connected to the internet otherwise Windows will try to install the driver that it wants automatically.

Also, I just updated the Realtek Audio driver, try this one:

Realtek Audio Driver 6.0.8773.1

Kevin@GenTechPC, hmscott and Vasudev like this.