MSI GT75 TITAN Drivers (8th gen)

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Ultra Male, Jan 20, 2017.

1. hacktrix2006

hacktrix2006 Hold My Vodka, I going to kill my GPU

Reputations:
    It's not a driver mod that is required a simple reg edit to change your CPU to say it's 8th gen is required lol did it in my 6th gen laptop once and it worked however it was still the same PITA as dragon center/gaming centre or what ever they call this bloatware has been since its birth.

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk

heliada likes this.
  2. Vost-Host

Vost-Host Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks for the info. Quick question - What order should I update bios and EC firmware? Should I update BIOS before a clean install or after if I have the option? Same with EC, does Windows need to be installed or can I do these both prior? Lastly, I'm assuming bios first then EC - is this correct or does it even matter?

3. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    It doesn't matter when you do it but to satisfy my OCD I like updating BIOS and EC before formatting. First BIOS then EC Firmware.

Don't forget to unblock any file you download before you run it or extract it. See: "Are you sure you want to run this file?" [Yes or No]

4. Vost-Host

Reputations:
    Perfect, thanks! Helping my buddy with a clean install today. So I can just update the BIOS and EC now with current OS, etc... then perform the clean install/reformat after right? Or should I do it while everything is wiped just before I install OS?

5. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    do it now, then format and clean install

Vost-Host likes this.
  6. Vost-Host

Reputations:
    Hey @Ultra Male What's the best way to install Killer 1550/Intel 9260 WLAN Driver 21.0.0.5 /Bluetooth Driver 21.0.0.4? I would like to install this and avoid the automatic download of the Killer Performance Suite and all the ******** that comes with it... I have the Killer Uninstall package, INF package, Intel driver etc. that I've seen you post in other threads, but I'm unsure of the process to install this appropriately. I believe I saw something about a manual INF installation via device manager, but still unclear of exactly what I need to do. Some clarification would be greatly appreciated!

*edit Or would I be better off just replacing my network adapter card? If so, what model? I have 400 Gb internet and Netgear Orbi mesh Wifi sytem (Orbi AC3000 Router and AC3000 Satellites)

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  7. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    I recommend using the Killer Uninstaller to scan for drivers pertaining to killer, then choose to clean them all then reboot. Then launch the tool and choose the option which says Disable Killer From Windows update (you'll get a message saying Blocking Driver installed). That will prevent Killer Software from being installed automatically through Windows update.

Make sure when installing the LAN/WLAN Driver to uncheck the Killer Software which is the last option by clicking on it and choosing the X sign.

The biggest issue with these Killer cards is not the cards itself, they are good, it's just the Killer Software which cripples your connection and severely throttles your bandwidth thinking it wants to play God and choose which apps need more internet than others. Sounds great on paper, works like crap.

Vost-Host likes this.
  8. Djadit

Djadit Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Whick version driver for thunderbolt 1575 on gt73vr 7rf?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

9. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Intel Chipset Driver updated to 10.1.17968.8131
    Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver updated to 17.2.6.1027
    nVIDIA GeForce Driver updated to 431.36
    Realtek Audio Driver updated to 6.0.8703.1
    Aquantia LAN Driver updated to 2.1.18
    Killer 1550/Intel 9260 WLAN Driver updated to 21.20.0 /Bluetooth Driver updated to 21.20.0
    Intel Management Engine Driver updated to 1904.12.0.1208
    Intel Thunderbolt Driver updated to 1.41.645.0
    Dragon Center updated to 2.5.1905.3001

10. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    nVIDIA GeForce Driver updated to 431.60

Vasudev and Kevin@GenTechPC like this.