MSI GT75 TITAN 8RG-094 Review by Ultra Male

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan, May 2, 2018.

1. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Ashtrix, oSChakal, raz8020 and 5 others like this.
  2. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Guest

Reputations:
    So when you gonna do some Overclock? I would love to help you out and get that thing running and see the potential of that machine. :)
    You can post your discord/steam add to me per PM if you like, I can show and explain to you how to overclock while keeping good temps, goal should be good temps while having good OC.

3. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    I am eager to see how it does. Would be nice to see at least 50x6 stable in Cinebench and wPrime 1024M with reasonable temps.

Watched this video last night. Hopefully, @Phoenix will be able to do much better than this worthless pile of trash from ASUS. Looking at the ridiculous amount of effort that went into Linus' escapade, it still sucked. It was kind of funny that they pretended to be impressed with it. Or, considering the source, maybe he actually was impressed. (Probably would not take much coming from the perspective of a Razer fanboy that always overhypes junkbooks.)

Last edited: May 30, 2018
    Ashtrix, KY_BULLET and JeanLegi like this.
  4. heliada

heliada Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    That sucks. Phoenix is almost beating it at stock speeds lol. And wth is with that fan and duct tape? Lol. They would have better results putting the laptop a bit more elevated, especially without the bottom cover it is just sitting flat on the table and it seems it's pretty suffocated by it. Look how the fans stick out, any air intake will just be totally gone and stuck onto the table. Poor asus.

KY_BULLET and Mr. Fox like this.
  5. oSChakal

oSChakal Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    That was by far one of the most cringy and annoying video I've seen in my life.

6. Spartan

Spartan Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    My CPU is at its limits, last time I overclocked it jut to 50X on 2 cores while upping the voltage to 1.38V, it failed to boot, I then had to do a forced reset which took ages, after I set back all my settings the way they were, I realized my entire RAID array got corrupted and it caused me a huge loss. I cannot mess around with this thing.

7. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    Yup. It was so ridiculous that it almost seemed like a gag or something. It certainly was not flattering of the ASUS notebook, and their fumbling around with it as they were was a bit comical. As you noted, the scores were not particularly good for the clock speeds, but being a thermal abortion tends to do that.

raz8020 and Spartan like this.
  8. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    I agree. To such an extent that it almost seemed they were mocking it the further they went with their silliness.

That amount of voltage is not an issue as long as the temps remain in check. Probably did not have the right settings. That always tears up my OSes. If the bin quality is similar to the average (i.e. crappy) bin quality of the 8700K in my DM-G it will need about 1.425V for 50x6, which will be absolute murder on thermals with an air cooled laptop. I wish it was a good sample like the one in my desktop, or the one @Papusan has. It would be a good test of your cooling system though. Probably still worth trying, but only if you are comfortable with the idea. It should not cause any harm to your CPU unless you repeatedly cook it to death. If the cooling system can handle it, you might be able to bench the crap out of it.

raz8020 likes this.
  9. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Guest

Reputations:
    Never heard of anytyhing like this before, where a CPU overclock would mess up the Raid Aray, also i would assume you need around 1.425 - 1.475volts for 5ghz on any core.

10. stank0

stank0 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yep. Pretty much the same happened to me. After pushing it too hard, I had to reset CMOS and poof, RAID was gone. One of the two SSDs was corrupted. Fortunately it wasn't physically damaged so I built a new RAID0 and installed W10 from scratch. Feels a little snappier for some reason.

Spartan likes this.