MSI GT75 TITAN 8RG-094 Review by Phoenix

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Phoenix, May 2, 2018.

1. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Why do you still use Speedstep and not speedshift? With HWP_EPP you can get rock stable clocks and more power.
    If you switch between 6700k,7700k and 8700k then speedstep acts as compatibility layer/feature otherwise speedshift and High perf power plan or Ultimate power plan does the trick.

2. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    Doesn't make a difference. Clocks is locked and run max all time.

pressing, KY_BULLET, Mr. Fox and 3 others like this.
  3. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Did you enable Speedshift in BIOS?
    Ahh Prema BIOS simplifies things. Too bad my(most) BGA needs disabling EIST and enabling HWP for best performance since stock BIOS pulls more power.

KY_BULLET likes this.
  4. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    SpeedShift only works well for stock clocks with power management features enabled. It offers no value with overclocking and power management features disabled, which is how I operate my systems at all times.

Papusan, pressing, KY_BULLET and 4 others like this.
  5. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Hmm. I don't know. Usually Speedshift is marketed for BGA. But practically it should work taking control of your CPU from OS p-state driver(damn slow to respond like AW fans) to HW-P_state driver.
    I refuse to give control of the CPU to OS like Win 10 rather its pretty obvious to devote that power to HW itself to better manage the speed/performance.
    Though on older CPUs w/o Speedshift I believe W10 manages the speed better like HWP.
    To stay OT, how much can Phoenix's new beast which is Silicon Lottery approved chip rated for 4.7GHz-5.1GHz actually hold up in benchmarks at those freq.?

pressing and KY_BULLET like this.
  6. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    I am speaking of BIOS power management features, not OS. I have all BIOS power management features disabled on my systems (laptop and desktop). Unless you have a desktop enthusiast board or a @Prema BIOS, those features are generally not going to be accessible on laptops. The retarded Nazis that make them have all of the useful features hidden and inaccessible. It must make them feel more powerful and important than they really are.

@Phoenix got a new system with a Silicon Lottery desktop CPU? I didn't know that. What did he get? Did he sell the GT75?

7. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Huh? do what now? no I still have my same taptop with a shiny SteelSeries Keyboard, he's me right now >>> [​IMG]

Vasudev, Papusan, KY_BULLET and 3 others like this.
  8. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    So you turn off C1E,EIST, HWP etc.. in BIOS w/o any negative effects like, 800MHz bug or clocks staying at stock freq. or artificial throttling or EDP limit etc....?
    The reason I enabled C1E, EIST in BIOS and disabled the same in TS while enabling HWP gave more responsive clock freq. and turbo boosting to max clock freq was pretty quick. Also saw a great increase in battery runtimes as well.
    Well, phoenix still uses BGA chip HK.

9. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    Yes, I disable c-states (all of them), disable RSR, ACPI, ASPM for DMI and all PCI-e ports, spread spectrum (for both BCLK and PCI-e), max out PMIC VCC and VDDQ, disable RTH, disable Energy Efficient P-state and Energy Efficient Turbo, max out all power limits. EIST is irrelevant as I have my CPUs locked in turbo state at all times. They are not allowed to run stock frequency even at idle. No need to boost to turbo frequency since they are always there, LOL. Battery run time is of no importance to me, as I almost never run my laptops disconnected from an AC power source. I only have a battery in the laptop to serve as a UPS. If I always had the laptop connected to my real UPS I would not even need a battery.

upload_2018-6-14_12-3-10.png

10. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Honestly never even heard of most power saving tech. you mentioned aside from few.
    With w7 your temps should be lower, right? W10 has so much background activity these days. So these temps are from your Clevo or your desktop?

Papusan, Vistar Shook and Mr. Fox like this.