MSI GT75 TITAN-094 finally found time to OC!

Discussion in 'MSI' started by FalconCMH, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    upload_2019-5-12_0-3-55.png
    I use to update this thread so i know how often Intel release new updates... http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/intel-drivers-updates.782418/page-36#post-10894335

Regarding stability... "Note: Undervolting can also be done with XTU, however due to the performance impact the software/service has while running, plus its many bugs with re-applying/identifying CPU data, I recommend ThrottleStop instead."
    46x (i9-8950Hk should be equal 6 core 8700K). 2.5bin lower clock speed.
    [​IMG]
    I would just use bios with a desktop computer.

Last edited: May 11, 2019
    Ashtrix likes this.
  2. FalconCMH

FalconCMH Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Here is the latest version of Intel XTU if you wanna update whatever:
    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/do...treme-Tuning-Utility-Intel-XTU-?product=66427

Intel XTU doesn't use a service any longer. It updated my BIOS and doesn't have to load to get my settings in place. They removed that part of it. Like I said you have been using ThrottleStop so long and haven't given Intel XTU a try in a while it seems.

Using Intel XTU with a desktop computer cuts the time it takes to OC drastically and why they have UEFI BIOS now so we can change the BIOS settings without going to the BIOS and or rebooting every time. It also gives me the capability to have different OC profiles for different uses.

3. Papusan

Reputations:
    I already posted the thread with latest XTU but thanks:) Regarding use of it... I used it last fall to gather up some more points on the Bot. On two different machines. But nothing have really changed.

FYI. Some MSI models haven't opportunity for reset NVRAM. With a unstable undervolt I have seen people run into boot-loop or no post. They are screwed and only MB replacement fixed their problems.

There is other tools instead for XTU. I know it's Intels own OC/stress test tool but not all MB's firmware play nice with it.
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...ners-welcome-too.810490/page-79#post-10657111

But that said... More tools for the task the better. Some prefer the mother while others prefer the daughter. Not all like/want the same. Regardless. + Rep for the thread:)

4. FalconCMH

Reputations:
    Mighty kind of you to give me reps thank you.

Papusan likes this.
  5. FalconCMH

Reputations:
    I updated to Windows 10 Pro feature 1903 without any issues. Haven't had time to bench with it yet but thought I would let folks know the update when on fine. Now I do keep all my software up to date to the latest versions and that was done first of course. Intel XTU is still working great for me with no issues. My 4.8 GHz 24x7 OC is working fine still. You may not have access to feature 1903 update yet but it is coming more than likely before the end of this month from Windows update. I installed it from the ISO MS released that had a GA April release date on it, then it proceeded to install 2 cumulative updates from Windows Update. The first update went on immediately when I checked for updates, the second you had to select because they have a 7 day wait (this is configurable to some extent) by default now in Windows update. Just to further clarify this was General Availability (GA) of 1903 not pre-release/early adopter/insider stuff. I actually updated 3 laptops (2 Lenovo and 1 MSI), 1 VM (Enterprise version), and my main rig described in my signature below with no issues.

Last edited: May 14, 2019
  6. FalconCMH

Reputations:
    Oh if you run VMs and use Hyper-V manager to manage your VMs remotely you'll need to run this powershell command if you already haven't:
    Enable-PSRemoting -SkipNetworkProfileCheck
    1903 for some strange reason doesn't list the default switch anymore in the net connection profiles and it is public which stops remote access via Hyper-V without running that command.

7. Papusan

Reputations:
    Ashtrix likes this.