MSI GT75 is now available for purchase in most reseller sites

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Midas Touch, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Midas Touch

Midas Touch Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    MSI is a bang for the buck among BGA laptops, you get the specs and performance that you paid for, if you find that this is not true then I don't know what other BGA laptops out there that offers the same specs and performance but cheaper than MSI.

a 100Hz+ and more FPS offers an overall better gaming experience, going back to 60Hz is choppy and jittery. If you're into first person shooter a high refresh rate and high FPS is very beneficial.

We can make a poll out of this and see which most people prefer...120Hz TN or 60Hz IPS.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
    praetorianx and hmscott like this.
  2. Tanner@XoticPC

Tanner@XoticPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Wonder how that will divide among users. Personally, wider angles and better color are instantly forgotten about in the face of higher refresh. I'd like both ideally though.

3. ryzeki

ryzeki Moderator Moderator

Reputations:
    I honestly prefer 120hz. I don't mind a good 60hz screen, and I enjoyed my GT80 back when it was a regular PLS 60hz screen, but honestly I enjoy even using regular windows with my 120hz screen.

4. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    In my case, if I were using a built-in screen all the time, and based on my experience with the GT73, I'd go for the 120Hz option. When properly calibrated, that panel is surprisingly good for a TN. But for my current usage scenario, the only time I'm using the 16L13's screen is for basic work and content consumption - almost never for gaming. In that case, the 1080p/60 IPS panel works just fine, even better since it's part of the standard configuration and that I wouldn't get my money back on either of the upgrade options at resale. Heck, I'm so impressed with the quality of the panel in my unit that I'm thinking of changing out my Dell S2716DG (also a very good TN once calibrated) for a similarly sized IPS G-Sync monitor.

5. Talon

Talon Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Once you have enjoyed the bliss of the high refresh rate screens, you can't go back. I don't care if you can overclock that display or not, the high refresh rate COUPLED with a low response time is what is needed and as @ryzeki has pointed out it makes even doing day to day tasks in Windows a great experience.

6. Tanner@XoticPC

Tanner@XoticPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    I've had a chance to play with a few and they've moved way up my buy list.

7. Kevin

Kevin Egregious

Reputations:
    This new screen ASUS has is a 1080p 144Hz IPS w/ G-Sync, and they are claiming a 7ms (grey-to-grey) response rate.

Serious game changer if that ends up being true.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
    hmscott and Donald@HIDevolution like this.
  8. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    144hz IPS 1080p?
    Who's making this thing?
    There aren't even any desktop 1080p 144hz IPS monitors. They're all either 60hz or 1440p 144hz.
    If it's not a backlight bleed party, good news.

The 7ms g2g response time has to be that value, because these screens don't have overdrive. It's overdrive that gives the 1-2ms gtg ratings you always hear about.

9. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Alienware with a 1080P 144Hz IPS / G-Sync screen? what are you smokin' brah? [​IMG]

10. Vistar Shook

Vistar Shook Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Asus you mean?