MSI GT75 9SF Titan-249 or MSI GE75 9SG Raider-283 from HIDEvolution?

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by Thaladar, Jul 5, 2019.

?

MSI GT75 Titan or MSI GE75 Raider

1. MSI GT75 Titan

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. MSI GE75 Raider

100.0%
  1. Thaladar

Thaladar Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello, folks

It's been a while since I asked for your opinion on which laptop I should get (http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...-or-asus-rog-g703gi-from-hidevolution.826595/), and due to a series of unfortunate (or rather fortunate, I'd say) events, I still haven't purchased a new laptop, six months later.

I have been in contact with Donald from HIDEvolution all this time, and I have generally settled for G75 due to overwhelmingly positive results and suggestions from you lot. I even wanted to go the extra mile for the new G76 models, but the lack of G-Sync proved a real turn-off for me, so I stepped back from that idea.

Tonight, Donald sparked my interest in the Raider lineup, but my main concern is its heat management due to extended periods of uptime, especially because of its considerably slimmer chassis compared to that of a GT75 Titan.

Now, I'm still leaning towards the GT75 model, but my main "concerns" are:

- The thickness of the laptop - not the actual thickness itself, but the issues that can arise with such elevated typing position, and that my keyboard hand and my mouse hand will not be on the same level (I'm a perfectionist about these things, just don't ask me anything);

- Mechanical keyboard clicking; I believe it could get annoying after a while, and I'd be forced to pretty much wear headphones while playing games in order to fully immerse myself and not get distracted by the keystrokes. Also, I often use voice communication while playing games, and I'm used to doing so without headphones (using the laptop's built-in microphone). Now, I believe this could be a real problem with the noticeable clicks coming from the mechanical keyboard, despite it being one of the best keyboards to type on. This issue would likely be replicated while I'm teaching online (however, I'll probably have to wear headphones while doing that).

Other than that, I'm all in for the G75 model. What are your thoughts on the choice between these two? Does anyone own a Raider, and if so, could you tell me how it handles temperatures under pressure, especially under extended periods of time?

The two models in question are:

GT75 Titan: https://www.hidevolution.com/custom...tan-249-17-3-fhd-144hz-i7-9750h-rtx-2070.html

GE75 Raider: http://www.hidevolution.com/custom-...3-thin-bezel-fhd-144hz-i7-9750h-rtx-2080.html

Their specs are pretty much the same, with their only difference being a 2070 RTX for the GT75 Titan, and 2080 RTX for the GE75 Raider.

P.S. I have also noticed that the full-HD display version of the Raider lacks G-Sync, so I'm not sure if that's an error or what.

Best regards,
    Thaladar

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019