MSI GT75 8RG Titan or Asus ROG G703GI from HIDevolution?

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by Thaladar, Dec 26, 2018.

?

MSI GT75 8RG or Asus G703GI

1. MSI GT75 8RG

73.3%
  2. Asus G703GI

26.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spartan

Spartan Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    That last time I actually *touched* a touchpad was back in 2004 when I had a SONY VAIO SZ Series. I kinda got used to it back then and was able to go to cafes [​IMG] and actually use it. It had a good feel to it and the quality was great despite how old that laptop was by today's standards. Then I stopped using them for many years and when I did try to use them, I feel like I am disabled or something and just lose my **** after 2 mins of trying to use the darn thing. I feel today's touchpads are very plasticy and generic and cheap. The only people who know how to make a Touchpad, as much as I hate that company and everything they make with passion is crApple [​IMG]

Aroc, Vasudev and Mr. Fox like this.
  2. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    They keep forgetting to include buttons with theirs, which makes them utterly miserable like those made by Dell and others that have no buttons. They think it is cute to call them "clickpads" as if that will somehow make them less miserable. "But, they support gestures" LOL... I have a gesture for them, but it's not a very nice one.

I disable any and all features associated with touchpads other than cursor movement and clicking. Tapping, gestures, swipe, pinch zoom and all the rest of that nasty smartphone/tablet feature crap.

3. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Alienware has started with same flawed touchpads now. No buttons. Azor really like CrApples design. Put it even on his second brand. With each re-fresh it will be more and more like Tim Cooks products. It seems the todays Gamer kids enjoy flawed design!
    [​IMG]

Aroc, Mr. Fox and Vasudev like this.
  4. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I remember Vaio SZ had Speed and Stamina modes to get better performance and better battery life along with fingerprint sensor and priced competitively unlike t41p or t61p (I don't remember exact model). I always thought you used only Alienware,Dell Vostro and Thinkpads.
    My first Vaio CR was a disaster.
    The buttonless touchpad are rip off version from lower end Inspiron models. When you use force based touch the entire chassis might feel wonky. I really like physical buttons.

5. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    @Thaladar You can choose i7 version GT75 version to save some cash and invest it in longer warranty and accidental damage protection so you can use your tension free and with warranty the value of laptop will be retained.
    Once you get it from HID Evo, you can contact Ultra Male if you want the OS to be tweaked like his PCs(if he has free time) and also contact falkentyne for BIOS settings and some firmware mods.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.