MSI GT73VR TITAN PRO Drivers

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Phoenix, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Jnnybrv

Jnnybrv Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    @Phoenix you able to answer my questions?

2. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Well I beat it. At 4.7 ghz. Let's see Phoenix beat this? Since I know you'll pull out your 5.1 ghz run to beat us all ! Don't hate on my LM temps, bruh! I was using auto fans...trying to see if I could get WHEA correctable errors. Sure enough I eventually got one. So I changed from 1225mv, IA AC DC loadline=5, to IA AC DC loadline=10 and the correctable error went away (saw it in Event Log)

cb1055.png

Papusan and Vistar Shook like this.
  3. Phoenix

Phoenix Colonel

Reputations:
    I have a BGA taptop not a desktop or DTR if you forgot :rolleyes:

4. Falkentyne

Reputations:
    So do I? I have the same device you have! it's because of your review why I bought mine in the first place! You forgot :( (BTW the pulling out 5.1 ghz was directed at NorwaySnowHamsterPuSan).

Papusan likes this.
  5. Phoenix

Phoenix Colonel

Reputations:
    you don't have your laptop model/specs in your signature so I can't answer your question

6. Jnnybrv

Reputations:
    msi gt73vr... 6re...

answer to questions?

please please please!!!! ill make you a sandwhich in the kitchen

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    hmscott likes this.
  7. Phoenix

Phoenix Colonel

Reputations:
    I don't work for you buddy! there is something called "please" or try to be polite in your request. Go contact MSI to get answers to your questions.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    saturnotaku likes this.
  8. Phoenix

Phoenix Colonel

Reputations:
    That's better

1) Install BIOS E17A1IMS.10C

2) After the BIOS is installed, and you see the MSI Logo, immediately press and hold the power button for 5 seconds to do a forced shutdown, only do this after you see the MSI logo

3) disconnect the power cable for 30 seconds

4) reconnect the power cable

5) turn on the taptop and enter BIOS again

6) set your boot mode to AHCI or RAID depending on what you had before but don't change anything or do any overclocking yet

7) Install the ME Firmware update, after you download it, extract it to your desktop, then simply double click on the batch file, don't right click and choose run as admin, it will fail

8) After it's done, reboot

9) now do the VBIOS update

10) You don't need a cooling pad, this laptop has the best cooling amongst any laptop, period!

[​IMG]

Note: Everytime you download a file, right click on it, go to properties, then from the bottom right, if it says the file is blocked because it came from the internet, click the unblock tickbox and hit apply. Do this for every file you download otherwise the ZIP file and all the files within that zip will be extracted with a BLOCKED status and you may run into some serious issues.

Note 2: I provided you with the instructions to the best of my knowledge and how I did things on my system, I am not responsible if you brick your machine, do this at your own risk

hmscott likes this.
  9. Jnnybrv

Reputations:
    Is there a way to turn off the mousepad if a usb mouse is plugged in... i dont see anywhere in the settings to do this..

10. Falkentyne

Reputations:
    If you have the drivers installed, you can select "disable touchpad when external mouse is connected". Some drivers are missing this option.
    In some cases, this option will do nothing. This usually happens when you have other drivers which use a mouse emulation driver. Steelseries keyboard app has been known to install its own mouse driver for some reason. Razer has also been known to install stuff and have it active even when no mouse is even plugged in.

If you have that problem where the touchpad doesn't get disabled even though you have the checkbox marked, go to device manager and check for hid devices that are installed that are mouse drivers, when NO MOUSE is actually inserted. One of them should be the synaptics touchpad. For any others, check the device properties or the extended device information and see what it belongs to. Then you can just 'disable' the driver by force, which then make the checkbox actually do something.

If worse comes to worst, you can use FN+F3 to disable the touchpad. This may or may not require SCM to be installed, however.