MSI GT73VR 7RF Titan Pro-425 Review By Ultra Male

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Ultra Male, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    I have not a clue on how to change my RAM timings :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

Donald@HIDevolution likes this.
  2. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    It's pretty cool in wintertime in California these days. Average 12C-16C temps these days outside. I think it's 18C in my apartment right now.

And I apparently have a "good" BGA turd chip sample.
    But there is a cancer current (amps) limit we cannot avoid.

watch, Phoenix
    Try to set your taptop to these settings:

4500 mhz, 1.20v static voltage, IA AC DC loadline =0 (Auto).
    It will be "stable" and not "crash", but try to run AIDA64 stress test. (Please use 100% fan speed).

Watch your taptop turn off in 10 seconds.

RAM timings guide coming next.

Donald@HIDevolution likes this.
  3. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    @Papusan

Regarding your question in the rep comment.

I wake up at 4PM :rolleyes: Take my pre-workout and fat burner and go to the Gym immediately on an empty stomach to burn FAT rather than whatever I ate in the morning.

After the Gym which finishes around 6PM, I go home, have a protein shake, and wait for my 4 pre-made body building meals to arrive at 8PM

I then consume my first meal (breakfast but at night :eek:), prepare my [​IMG], then I start stalking you [​IMG] until 7 AM next morning while taking little breaks to finish my meals in between o_O

4. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Let's not do that bro, I don't wanna waste time on that but I would appreciate the magical RAM tutorial

5. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks! Dont wast your $ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    You can't remember what was tested by HIDevolution? They tested several mem config if I remember correct. And different ram sticks.
    And yet, you say several times you can't find my posts:eek:

6. Falkentyne

Reputations:
    RAM timings guide:

1) DO not know if BGAbook running 16GB x 4 of RAM will be stable at such aggressive settings.
    Please download Memtest86 https://www.memtest86.com/ version 7.5 and put it on a USB flash drive, because you don't want to destroy your operating system. Memory is not ECC, CPU will crash to protect itself. Memory will eat your operating system first and THEN Crash afterwards.

2) install memtest86 7.5 on your USB drive and prepare it.

3) Plug in USB drive and boot to Bios, set first boot device to USB flash drive.

4) first, the easist change is to change the command rate as this is the easiest to get stable first.
    Go to overclock settings (OC TAB) and look for Command Rate or Nmode. It should say 2 or 2T. Change it to 1T.
    If it is not there, use Bios unlock key combo and then it will be there (so will RAM multiplier but dont use that unless you want 2666 mhz at terrible timings (18/19/19/43, and 2T only).

5) Change to 1T and save and exit.

6) System will black screen for about 30 seconds, then MSI logo will appear. If appears, then good, the RAM "trained" successfully. If you get a black screen for 65 seconds and the power LED light turns off and on, it was a RAM timing fail and it reverted to defaults. Try 1 more time first, before giving up. This happens sometimes. But after 2 fails it means it is FAIL and going to FAIL no matter what.

7) it will boot to the USB flash drive, but will take 2-3 minutes to boot to UEFI Memtest86. Looks like it's crashed but it's not. It just takes this long. Then memtest86 will start. Let it do at up to the "Hammer" test (test 11). This test 11 takes over 45 minutes---I always SKIP IT. Because if it made it THIS FAR WITHOUT ERRORS, windows is probably stable.

8) If no errors in memtest 86 up to test #10, you can press ESC, change boot to SSD drive and boot to windows.
    or you can try for more:

9) if 1T is stable and you want more,
    You can try CAS 15, TRAS and TRD or that other setting (first 3 settings): 15/15/35. (this will show as 15/15/15/35 1T, in windows).

You must wait for RAM training again, and this time I suggest letting MEMTEST86 finish fully.

10) Don't bother with TREFI and tRFC. I don't think that will be stable with 64 GB.

7. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks! Dont wast your $ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Phoenix ram.

(17-17-17-39) 64GB DDR4 RAM

I would learn to walk before I try to run. 15/15/15 1T is a heavy goal for his big ram package.

If you want faster ram testing TestMem5

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  8. Falkentyne

Reputations:
    While Phoenix is working on that here is AVX disabled prime95 at 4700 mhz, 1.272v, IA AC DC=1, max fan speed. 100W.

[​IMG]

4700mhz_prime_1272v_daytime.png

Vasudev and Donald@HIDevolution like this.
  9. Falkentyne

Reputations:
    4800 mhz, 1.310v, IA AC DC loadline=1

Cinebench 3 runs

@Papusan the power draw is too high for 4800mhz and 1.310v isn't it.......?
    @Mr. Fox is BGA really this bad?
    What does 7700K do at 4.8 ghz and 1.310v ?

cinebench_4800mhz_1310mv_iaacdcloadline_1.png

Vasudev and Donald@HIDevolution like this.
  10. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    First test was with 1T, I passed mem test successfully. Tried cinebench but got 1 point less. 1011

then I ran it again, the score went down to 1004

so I closed Cinebench and reopened it, after running the test the score went down to 977

I'll use the taptop for a while now to see if it's stable before going to the next step.

thanks a lot for this detailed guide man.

I don't have any money to rep you. @Vasudev help me man :rolleyes: