MSI GT73VR 7RF Titan Pro-425 Review By Phoenix

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Phoenix, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    No, do the tests first that I mentioned. then after you take those screenshots, then set it back to 0.

Donald@HIDevolution likes this.
  2. EasyCome

EasyCome Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I don't really think that I need to do that if the positive offset overvolts the CPU?

3. Falkentyne

Reputations:
    Your choice. But you really shouldn't be reaching Prochot in vermintide. I wanted to see the VID and core temps since you already did reach it before.
    Ok you win.
    Remove the undervolt back to 0, download Cinebench and hwinfo, and do 3 loops then post screenshots.

That fair?

4. EasyCome

Reputations:
    That's what I'm doing right now.
    The Vermentide btw is tweaked to load all the 8 threads. With 6 or even less threads, it is surely less stressful.

5. EasyCome

Reputations:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. EasyCome

Reputations:
    the hwinfo64 was always in the background during the vermentide overheating runs.

Vasudev and Donald@HIDevolution like this.
  7. Falkentyne

Reputations:
    Thank you for this post. VERY useful.
    You indeed have core temp differential problem. this is the same problem that Genocid and ivan994 had. @Ivan994 was able to permanently fix his high temps (he is VERY VERY happy now), by a combination of using 0.5mm Arctic thermal pads on the CPU VRMs (small black square IC's) and CPU chokes (larger grey square IC's), and SANDING the heatsink down to perfect flatness.
    You have the same issue many others have, with core #0 (first core) and core #2 (third core) having much higher temps than core #1 and core #3 (the second and fourth cores).

Can we move this discussion to PM or the main GT73VR thread? because this is basically thread crapping at this point.
    But the 2 hotter cores are the cores closest to the VRM's. The core temp differentials exist because there is HIGHER heatsink pressure on the COOLER CORES (obvious, right? more pressure=lower temps!) and less pressure on the hotter cores. This is "exasperated" or made worse, by the 1.0mm thermal pads rather than aftermarket 0.5mm arctic pads. here is a picture for reference (if you were looking at this CPU in a GT73VR, the VRM area would be "north" (top) above the CPU.
    1498412583-cpu2-deforme_mod.jpg

8. Bullzz

Bullzz Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    @Falkentyne

I have the exact same problem Gt73vr and repaste x time with out help. Thanks you for your Post. I will change the pads too 0.5 mm and post the Temps here. Big big thx

Vasudev and Vistar Shook like this.
  9. Bullzz

Bullzz Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Gt73 VR
    3 Loops in cinebench

-100mv Offset 4x3.8 ghz chache 3.8 ghz Ram DDR2400
    It was repastet 3 weeks ago with grizzly kryonaut. Graka Temps are perfect... cpu ****..

Core 0 and 2 are the hot one .. exatly like on the photos.

Attached Files:

Falkentyne likes this.
  10. Falkentyne

Reputations:
    Only 55 watts of power and 82C (11C total temp delta). yeah. My advice to you: do what's easy first.
    Buy 0.5mm arctic thermal pads, and remove the existing 1mm pads and replace with 0.5mm.
    Then clean the old compound off completely and fully, and repaste with Coolermaster Gel Maker Nano.
    Make sure you spread it evenly and completely across the BGA housing. don't just use a small dot or even an x shape, do a full coating

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UYTTLI4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019BZENY8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Always UNPLUG the ac adapter AND Battery cable connector before repasting. ALWAYS.

Bullzz likes this.