MSI GT63 Titan 8RG vs MSI GT75 Titan 8RG

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by Raynz, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Raynz

Raynz Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey everyone!

I currently have a Desktop PC with a Ryzen 7 1700 and a GTX 1080ti.
    I game and stream on it at the same time.
    However, I'm going to move to France for work, and since i'm from a third world country, I'm unable to bring my computer with me. So, I will sell it in order to buy a new computer, preferably a laptop/desktop replacement.

Since I've had a terrible experience before with Alienware, I'd like to get an MSI laptop.

I have 2 options in mind, the GT63 (link) or the GT75 (link). Both have a GTX 1080, almost identical CPUs, but have some differences, the GT75 has 32GB ram instead of 16, a mechanical keyboard, a bigger screen etc.
    However, "core" performances are almost the same even though there is a 1200 euro difference! I think the GT75 cooling is much better, since it has a bigger chassis and more vents? But does it justify the price difference?

What do you guys think? I'd appreciate any feedback regarding these 2 options :)

Thanks!

2. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    you are comparing a 15 inch laptop vs a 17 inch, the main question is what size of a screen do you really want? The GT75 is the flagship model of MSI and as you mentioned has the best cooling in any laptop

See my review here:

MSI GT75 TITAN 8RG-094 Review by Phoenix

The only reason I'd go for the GT63 Titan is if wanted a smaller laptop but not the thin ones as the cooling is still better than those thin ones on the GT63 Titan

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  3. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Definitely GT75. Much better cooling as you said, as well as a superior keyboard (with mechanical switches).

4. Raynz

Reputations:
    Hey guys!

Thanks for your answers!

Indeed, I'm comparing a 15" with a 17" laptop, my main concern is the 1200 euros difference which is huge imo.

Would it be possible to game & stream on the GT75, after repasting it, since it has good cooling?

5. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I would wait for the whitebook gaming version of the MSI WT75 (workstation), which will be called the MSI F7, and HIDevolution will sell this model also, as this model will have MUCH better cooling on the CPU than the GT75 Titan does, which has a bastardized heatsink.

ole!!!, Jan Prochnica and Ultra Male like this.
  6. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Guest

Reputations:
    keyboard is superior, cooling is superior and the CPU has its TDP unlocked, meaning it can sustain 3.9ghz on all loads unlike the GT 63.

game and stream is absolutely no problem on the GT 75. The GT63 might have some serious power limit throttling if you try to stream.

7. Blacky

Blacky Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Hi,

Here is a comparison between the two exact models you mentioned: MSI GT63 vs MSI GT75.

The only reason to go with the GT63 is the price and the weight. Apart from that, the GT75 is superior in every way.

If you want to save your cash and remain portable, the GT63 is not a bad choice. It will do its job within acceptable limits. The GT75, on the other hand, has much better thermal management, build quality, sound quality and overall slightly better performance.

Ultra Male likes this.
  8. Raynz

Reputations:
    Thanks everyone!

Seems like the MSI GT75 is the way to go.
    I tried looking for information on the MSI F7 but I couldn't find any.

9. Blacky

Blacky Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    It's not out yet, and even when it will be, it will be a pretty niche machine.