MSI GS73VR 7RF(Stealth Pro) vs MSI GE73VR 7RE(Raider)

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by xNicNacX, Sep 20, 2017.

1. xNicNacX

xNicNacX Newbie

Reputations:
    In terms of transportation though, is the Raider relatively light and easy to carry around?

2. don_svetlio

don_svetlio Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    The Raider is definitely larger, quite a bit so. I believe the height of the GS series is 19mm vs something like 26-30mm on the Raider.

3. jrwingate6

jrwingate6 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yes, the Raider is relatively light to carry around. I categorize it as a "semi" thin and light gaming laptop because it certainly isn't as thin as the GS series and isn't as clunky as the GT series. The Raider will weigh about 1 pound more than the GS. Whether or not that 1 pound is worth better thermals is up to you.

Like I said, I only carry my laptop back and forth to my car when I go to work so I personally have no problem carrying something as large as the GT series let alone the Raider series.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

4. xNicNacX

xNicNacX Newbie

Reputations:
    In terms of transportation, would you say the Raider would be relatively light and easy to carry around because i'll be using it for university as well.

5. don_svetlio

don_svetlio Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    In that case you may want to skip MSI as a whole. Their BIOSes are not optimized for power efficiency and battery life is really poor. Expect 2-3 hours in most cases on a single charge. You will constantly need to be plugged in with either of these devices.

6. jrwingate6

Reputations:
    Like I said before, if you're going to use it for school then you're better off skipping the Raider. It only lasts about 3 hours on battery. If you're always near a plug and don't mind being plugged in then go for it.

In terms of weight, I personally wouldn't mind carrying around a 4.8 pound laptop. It's the battery that's going to give you problems.

7. xNicNacX

xNicNacX Newbie

Reputations:
    Honestly for battery I dont mind, i've checked the classes and there are power ports everywhere

8. xNicNacX

xNicNacX Newbie

Reputations:
    To be fair I have an Alienware 17m r3 back from 2012, so like im used to carrying it so i guess it wouldnt matter now with these two. anyways i've decided i'll go for the raider because of the cooling system. so thank you guys for helping me out! :)

jrwingate6 likes this.
  9. jrwingate6

Reputations:
    If you always have access to a power outlet then I think you made a good choice. In my opinion, the Raider is a top contender in semi thin and light laptops. It's thermal system is well designed. If you look at thermal numbers, you'll notice laptops twice the size of the Raider that run hotter.

xNicNacX likes this.
  10. Logs

Logs Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Stealth has the 1070MQ
    Raider has the 1070.

Expect a 15-20% performance increase in the Raider.