MSI GS70 Stealth Pro Theard

Discussion in 'MSI' started by charliex3, Mar 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. durchstanzen

durchstanzen Newbie

Reputations:
    Kevin@GenTechPC and extrospector like this.
  2. kemperkipie

kemperkipie Newbie

Reputations:
    Well, a little experience from me:

I have been playing the ArchAge Beta this weekend. The first pretty high-end game. I ran everything on Very High settings.
    My laptop got up to 93 degrees celsius. But besides the GPU getting hot, the entire laptop was extremely hot. After an hour of gaming, I couldn't rest my hand on the palm rests anymore, it was too hot and I could actually burn my hand I think. Anyway, I got a piece of cloth to lay my hand on, so I could still game. It was still annoying that when I didn't push a button (like holding the "w" for moving) not entirely in the center, I could touch some of the scolding hot case of the laptop.

Besides that, after gaming, I found the battery was on 87%, while I was sure I started with 100%!! The Adapter was connected. I guess the adapter can't deliver all the power, and the laptop surges the battery as well? what is the story behind this?

I'm still happy with the laptop though. I am going to use it for my study anyway (running virtual machines etc.) and casual gaming on the go. I have a pretty decent dekstop at home for killer-games (in this case during the ArchAge beta my PC wasn't available due to the RMA of the CPU cooler).

3. colonels

colonels Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    i updated this as well... took like 30 minutes too

unfortunately it still does not always recognize 2 finger TAP (not click) to act like right mouse button. it still does it randomly, sometimes 5 times in a row, then misses like 2 or 3 taps. can you confirm this is same for you as well?

4. extrospector

extrospector Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yeah it doesn't always register. I don't use two finger tap though, I just right click when I need to.

5. panni

panni Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  6. kemperkipie

kemperkipie Newbie

Reputations:
  7. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    What if you remove the driver and test again?

8. mardon

mardon Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    That's what you'd imagine but comparing my GS60 to images of the GS70 it seems we have a two heat sinks, one per corner and are seeing real world lower temps by around 3 to 5c. The gs60 is the new model and has a slightly different cooling design.

9. SpecFor21

SpecFor21 Newbie

Reputations:
    Guys I have the last weeks one really annoying problem with my GS70 S Pro, and the last few days it became bigger:

Specifically, when browsing or even when I just have an xls or doc file open, my cpu spikes from 3-4% to 30-40% or even 100% at times. If I have, at the same time, an mp3 playing or listening a radio stream from the net, the audio stutters for few moments (about 0,1-0,5 second, depending of how big the cpu spike is).
    My first thought was adobe flash player, and it seems to make the problem bigger, but I don't think its the source because the spikes happen even when I'm browsing with the flash plug in deactivated or even when I don't use flash while using the pc (f.e. as I've said above when I'm just writing in MS Office).

After a little monitoring I think the problem is caused by the process svchost.exe (NetworkService).

Any ideas of how I can fix it?

10. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    `
    Both GS60 & GS70 have dual cooling design, but we see GS60 being more prone to overheating under maximum load, especially when it's equipped with a 870M.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.