MSI GS70 Stealth Pro Theard

Discussion in 'MSI' started by charliex3, Mar 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RobbyQ1987

RobbyQ1987 Newbie

Reputations:

So... I ended up flashing BIOS and VBIOS with the ones from MSI's website... Version numbers were the same as what I had but decided to do it anyway, I also reinstalled windows 8.1 and got scores of:
    Fire Strike : 4364
    Cloud Gate : 17262
    Ice Storm : 114174
    Sky Diver : 14211

I dont think there was anything on my computer causing the low scores I was getting as it seemed to act like this from the day I got it, I honestly think MSI had put some bad VBIOS on this machine.

2. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Your score has improved after the BIOS and VBIOS update.
    The VBIOS update contains fixes for benchmark software therefore it's resolved after the VBIOS update.
    BIOS and EC helps with other issues that we usually don't see nor feel.

3. chrous25

chrous25 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yes a 40 year old child that knows what he want's out of a gaming laptop and to me the GS70 did not deliver.

4. stront96

stront96 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    is it normal that this laptop makes an annoying noise from the right fan? even when u r doing nothing?

5. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    What kind of annoying noise are you talking about?
    Can you record it and post it on youtube?

6. pctechmc

pctechmc Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi,

I wanted to suggest the following:

Could we post on a new GS70 Stealth Pro thread expected temps from repasting the CPU and GPU?

Question for those that have repasted did you replace the other thermal pads other than CPU and GPU? I only repasted the CPU and GPU with IC Diamond.

It would be nice to have one location for the GS70 Stealth Pro - latest bios link and drivers, best NVidia drivers used for GPU and bios, best Wireless Lan driver, Tips and Tricks for better cooling, and any other information users could share in one thread, instead of this GS70 Stealth Pro with over 60 pages.

7. bimmerboii

bimmerboii Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    To all gs70 owners, would you recommend this as a main gaming laptop? Im looking at buying the one with the gtx 870m 6gb gddr5. Based on my research this is the most portable gaming laptop i found.

Reading through previous pages i can see that some are having high temps/ throttling issues? Will this be good for long hours of gaming?

Also what is the difference between the one with 3gb gddr5 and 6gb gddr5?

Sorry for the noob questions. I already did my research but still I want to make sure of what i am buying.

Sent from my SM-G900L using Tapatalk

8. mardon

mardon Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    There's about 3Gb difference and that's it :)

Would the 15" GS60 not be more portable?

9. Baka

Baka (・ω・)

Reputations:
    So far Baka did not have any throttling issues and this is with the GTX870M ._. The fan noise is so loud though so Baka really has to use headphones or just increase the volume just to drown it out a bit :x

So far Baka is liking the laptop though :3 No issues so far.

10. durchstanzen

durchstanzen Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi everybody.
    Just wanted to share some findings with you. I did experiment with some costumized vBioses and what i do consider interesting is, that the only "stage" the graphic card does behave according to the settings i made, is when playing games. If i´m testing with the MSI kombuster, its still throttling right from the start, using higher Voltage then set in the vBios. So far tested Crysis 3 and WoT.
    I did the altering with the Kepler Bios Tweaker following ModRQC´s guide and also tried the vBios made by Sen7inel for the GS70. Always the same behaviour.
    My Specs: GS70 Stealth Pro with the GTX870m, temps: GPU max 91C playing Crysis with 893mV and 901,5MHz, RAM untouched

Do you have the same experience?!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.