MSI GS70 Stealth Pro Theard

Discussion in 'MSI' started by charliex3, Mar 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    How is it compared to GS70?

2. ZerockX

ZerockX Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    You know, the reason that forums are full of complains is because ppl around the world who unlucky got the bad products are going online looking for solutions.
    I just got mine yesterday, and it's perfect.
    The screen is great, it's TN, but the best TN you can find.
    The sound is great, loud and clear, you can open a bar with it.
    The battery life is indeed horrible compared to ordinary laptops, less than 2h watching movie, don't bother think about games.
    And the most concerning thing of you guys (of mine too before i bought it), the heat. To be honest, HOT is what you should have expected in such a slim design with powerful hardware. But the cooling system did its job properly, when GPU got 85C, the fans ramp up to its best and the temp won't ever exceed 85. I didn't have the chance to look at the CPU temp, but sure it's hotter than GPU as the fan on its side always sound louder. But even when the fans do its best, it's not loud in any means. I don't understand how folks complain about fan noise, maybe they've never used a laptop before. My old ASUS with crappy NVIDIA G105M (you call this guy grandpa) sounds much louder. But the part under the screen, especially at the Dynaudio logo part get very hot while gaming, hot enough to burn your finger if you put it there in 1m. But it meant to be like that, heat dissipation. Don't worry about the keyboard and palm rest zone, it'll just get a little warm after hours of gaming.
    Overall, i'm totally satisfied. My gf too as she loves the keyboard lol. Her favorite colors are green and red and she doesn't let me change to any other color, sucks cuz i love blue :(

Kevin@GenTechPC likes this.
  3. Renek

Renek Newbie

Reputations:
    Quick question. My Stealth Pro 099 arrives on my doorstep this morning and wanted to know how much of a pain in the it will be to upgrade the SSD. Went with the 099 because saving a few hundred bucks was worth since I can upgrade the SSD myself. Just want to know what I'll be getting into with it. Anothe question, how much trouble will I have if I want to go with a RAID 0 config by throwing another 128 in there? Does the 099 ship with the raid controller on the mobo? Thanks.

4. narutoninjakid

narutoninjakid Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Lol thanks nice to have a reassurance. This is my goal right now till summer comes. I'm building my first ever desktop as well so alot of new gadgets Lol.

5. RMXO

RMXO Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It's easy peasy since you got the GS70. I went cheap and got the 097 I believe 128gb version and added 3 msata (2×500 raid 0, 1tb). You go into bios to setup the raid.

I'm also impressed with the audio on the laptop. I had a Sager 9150 and audio was crap, always had to use headphones or headset.

-Sent from my Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  6. Renek

Renek Newbie

Reputations:
    So this warranty sticker that appears to be covering a screw port. What's the deal with that? They really void the warranty just to take the back plate off?

7. GalaxySII

GalaxySII Notebook Deity

Reputations:
  8. siperiea

siperiea Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    If you're just doing an ssd upgrade, email then and they will confirm the only parts they won't cover with the warranty are the ones you install yourself. If it goes defective, just pop the original components back in and do an rma. Defo email then so you have it in writing tho! I installed 3 ssds and got them to confirm the warranty for the rest of the laptop was still fine.

GalaxySII likes this.
  9. GalaxySII

GalaxySII Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    That is great to hear..
    Thnx

10. Hidef1080

Hidef1080 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Quick question: I set my computer to use the Nvidia GPU as the main graphic chip for all task. It was fine for a while but now my power button is solid white, not orange. I went to my control panel to make sure Nvidia was checked but the most it will do is flash orange for a few seconds and then go back to solid white.

When I run Premiere Pro CS6 or Photoshop CS6 my power button is orange.

Any idea what happen?
    All of my drivers are updated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.