MSI GS70 Stealth Pro Theard

Discussion in 'MSI' started by charliex3, Mar 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sajymundo

Sajymundo Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Found a link on msi website that explained the 3 modes. Green no turbo boost for cpu or GPU, comfort will allow cpu to turbo boost and sport allows cpu, GPU and fans to boost. I guess will go home and run benchmarks with all three and most likely stick to Green so it's quiet. When gaming can change to sport.

Any advice on what Anti Virus to run, Avast caused me issues so any recommendations?

2. Entionz

Entionz Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I use Webroot. It requires very little resources from the machine, and performs well. (I keep a yearly subscription for it because I don't trust free products where security in one+ areas may be lacking.)

3. Sajymundo

Sajymundo Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Cheers, will give it a go.

4. charz

charz Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hi there everyone, I am set on getting the GS70 soon but I have few questions here and appreciate if someone can chime on those.

1- Does anyone know if any retailers will add 120hz screens as an option to the GS70? or.. are there any available that I can buy and install on this laptop..? I know that this will void the warranty, but to me the 120hz is worth the risk.

2- This one if for the tech guys here.. Since the case is made of aluminum, if one conducts between the CPU/GPU heat pipes and the perforated aluminum case by means of copper shims and thermal tape, couldn't that work it's wonders in lowering temps by a good few degrees? I personally don't care if the area around the power switch gets hot as I wont touch it anyway.. ( BTW, I don't want cooling pads )

3- Did any one try to overclock their 970ms', assuming thermal conditions are suitable, how much can we juice out of this chip; like is 10% more performance possible?

5. RMXO

RMXO Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Anyone have the 970m 6gb yet? If so, what do you think of it? Would you buy it again if you had a chance to pick something else?

Can any owner take a picture of their AC adapter and the tip?

Is air drawn on from the top and released from the back, sides and bottom?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

6. ZerockX

ZerockX Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Guys. I'm going to buy the 6gb vram through XoticPC but the weird thing is MSI selling 128gb SSD version for 1900$ and 256gb for 2300$. But i can add another 128gb SSD to the 128gb stock with 75$ at Customize. It makes no sense. Should i do it or buy with stock 256gb?
    And is it true GS70 use reverse fan setup: take in air on top and release through bottom/side. If so then i shoudn't use a cooling pad right?
    Thanks ahead!

7. Entionz

Reputations:
    I've got an answer for your first question. Unfortunately there are no 120hz screens in production for this model, nor are there are any plans to make one. This made me kinda sad at first, but most of my games on high/ultra will max out at 60fps w/ the 970m so I don't (technically) have a reason to utilize it, except for the fact that I want it. :p

8. Entionz

Reputations:
    The $2300 version will be set up in Raid 0. If customizing offers a second m.sata ssd for $75 and XoticPC sets the two m.sata ssd's in Raid 0, you'd certainly be saving some coin from the stock 2x128gb model. I'd give XoticPC a call to check on that. In regards to the cooling, the unit pulls air through the top, and vents it out the bottom as well as the sides at a 45 degree angle. A cooling pad will still help, however. :)

9. GalaxySII

GalaxySII Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    just use win modes .. theyr best

10. RMXO

RMXO Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Can any owner please take a picture of their AC adapter and tip for me? Is it 150 or 180w?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.