MSI GS65 2060 or 2070 max-q?

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by jkq777, Apr 8, 2019.

1. jkq777

jkq777 Newbie

Reputations:
    Plan to upgrade to duel channel memory. Is the 2070 model worth the extra $$ if the performance is close or identical?

2. Arrrrbol

Arrrrbol Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I would always suggest its a good thing to get the highest level of performance you can afford, unless you really have no use for it. As long as the cooling is good enough the 2070 will perform better.

3. stamar

stamar Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    it really depends on the money involved. but i would say that on the tongfang 15 and on the gs 65 different vbios flash has raised the 2070 max q to more like 5000 above the 2060 in firestrike scores.

where as the 2060 is already at its max speed

nvidia is just using software to change the speed of the various cards they are all actually the same.

i got the 2070 80w maxq
    without even a vbios change the performance of overclocking is significantly more. but if you consider that its POSSIBLE that a maxq can be software modified to be a 2070 max p the performance difference is literally the biggest leap there is.

its not that easy because the machine also uses the total power set up even if you change the clocks

in short the hardware is new but the upside to the 2070 max q is way more. its worth a few hundred imo

the card itself is 8 gb and 256 interface basically the most you can get which will always come into play with 4k gaming if you do that

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019