MSI GS63VR Stealth Pro Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Diversion, Aug 29, 2016.

1. GenTechPC

GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Here you go:

GS73VR Max-Q Innolux N173HHE-G32

GS63VR Max-Q INNOLUX N156HHE-GA1

hmscott, Talon and ranjim like this.
  2. ranjim

ranjim Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Kinda weirded out reading Innolux but a quick google shows it's a successor company to Chi Mei. So just a name change but still the same panels based on thr model number?

Will wait for reviews of the GE Raider variants of these panels since they are gsync capable. :D

GenTechPC and hmscott like this.
  3. Talon

Talon Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Are they though? I saw GenTech has them listed that way but can't seem to confirm this anywhere else or on MSI website specs. @GenTechPC can you confirm they have Optimus or are G-Sync (GE63 Raider)

hmscott likes this.
  4. SDaudiophile

SDaudiophile Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Okay so i got my Gs63 skylake, did a clean install, and swapped the HDD for a SSD.

Am i okay with the stock fan settings or do you guys recommend custom fan setting? Do i make custom fan settings within Dragon Center or some other software? Also will re-installing Dragon center spike up the CPU usage even after a clean install?

5. F34R

F34R Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    So, I've had this new laptop for a week now. However, I'm seriously considering returning it.
    I got the MSI GS63VR 7RF from Best Buy. It was on sale, down $150 (not sure if I can post the price, is it allowed?).

Anyways..

i7 7700HQ
    1060 6GB
    16GB RAM
    256GB ssd
    1TB hdd

The screen is kinda throwing me off. I mean, the viewing has to be a certain way, period. Any change and it just starts degrading the colors, viewing angle, etc. It's a really poor TN panel I'm guessing. The other thing is the sound is absolutely terrible. Unless there is some way I can change something, it's just terrible.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

6. SDaudiophile

Reputations:
    Go to page 75 of this thread and start reading. All you could ever want to know about this laptop is covered in here. The best buy version of this laptop is vastly inferior to other versions. The screen, keyboard and a few other things. You could change the screen on your own, folks have done it so it is possible. As for the sound, well it is sub-par in every version so you'll have to make do with a bluetooth speaker and a headset like i do.
    If you have the means, i'd return the best buy version and get one from amazon or retailers like Xotic, Gentech, or whatever suits you best.
    I got mine from amazon and it has been a pleasure to use so far.

7. F34R

F34R Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thank you for the info. I appreciate it a ton. /heads off to page 75

8. F34R

F34R Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Phew.. just got through 26 pages, reading every post lol. Good info all around. I might have to stick with this one since I paid a decent price for it. I'm pretty much stuck at buying at best buy due to financial reasons, so...

9. SDaudiophile

Reputations:
    If you're gonna stick with it then you might want to look into a screen replacement. It's not that difficult and will not cost you a lot for a decent panel; or so iv'e heard. Maybe someone with experience in that regard can help you.
    Or your other option would be return this one and get the GS43 (14 inch) or the Asus Gl502vm from best buy. Both have significantly better panels than the best buy gs63 and should cost you about the same.

10. SDaudiophile

Reputations:
    Was just going through this thread looking for a fix for this annoying optimus issue and came across this. Can anyone confirm if it's true? I'm on the anniversary update and optimus constantly switches my gpu from intel to nvidia. Happens once like every 5 seconds ALL the time. Going to the nvidia control panel and selecting "high performance nvidia card" in the 3d settings did not help at all as the gpu still switches no matter what i chose.

Gonna update to the creators update today. Has it been fixed for anyone?