MSI GS63VR Stealth Pro Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Diversion, Aug 29, 2016.

1. htc fan89

htc fan89 Newbie

Reputations:
    Those that bought gs63vr 01 from Best Buy, is the display really that bad compared to gs63 bought from amazon/newegg? How's the wifi card?, heard intel version is garbage compared to killer.

2. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Some like Intel better than others. I would say Intel's driver and software are mature and stable, and Killer focuses on gaming optimizations.

3. Kraszus

Kraszus Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    So I did a fresh install on the Best Buy version. Is there any MSI stuff worth putting back on the machine like DragonCenter, TrueColor, SCM, SteelSeriesEngine?

4. Derek712

Derek712 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    steel series if you want rgb keyboard, otherwise no not really. The other software is more trouble than its worth imo

5. Kraszus

Kraszus Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    What temps are people generally getting on CPU during normal non gaming use?

6. shubham_2206

shubham_2206 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Is there any way to turn off keyboard lighting when the system goes idle for some time ? When I'm watching movies at night, I don't like the lights turned on. So far I've been turning it off from steelseries software but that's inconvenient to do again and again.

I wish there was some mechanism which will turn off the lights if I haven't used the keyboard for say, 30 seconds. And then turn it on when I press any key. This was there in my old VAIO laptop.

If not an automated mechanism, is there any shortcut key that can be defined to toggle the lights ?

7. htc fan89

htc fan89 Newbie

Reputations:
    How's the display on it and wifi speeds?

8. Jamesaaaa

Jamesaaaa Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi all
    Can someone please explain how is the 4k screen on this notebook ?
    In particular: srgb, contrast, time to switch the pixel

Thanks, James

9. Josh Feliciano

Josh Feliciano Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I managed to break one of the tabs on hinge cover for my GS63VR laptop when I was switching out a hard drive. I have searched high and low for a place to buy a replacement hinge cover (without the tab, it does not sit flush and the look of it is driving me crazy.)

Does anyone know where I can get replacement parts specifically for this laptop?

10. Derek@TecnotecPC

Derek@TecnotecPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    I'd shoot an email off to MSI directly with pictures of the broken piece and where it was located in the system exactly. That way they can be sure to get you a direct replacement and worst case scenario you get a part number to continue your search with.