MSI GS63VR Stealth Pro Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Diversion, Aug 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Derek712

Derek712 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I get a score of 480. I'm using a GS73VR but the internals are pretty much the same. That's pretty normal considering the battery can only supply the GPU with 30-35W. Any higher and the battery will be damaged. The 980m could perform better at that wattage since it was specifically designed for notebooks. I'm not positive, it's just a hunch. I'd go by actual gaming benchmarks over Heaven though. The games you play could run just fine, as they might rely somewhat more on the CPU.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
    Josh Feliciano and hmscott like this.
  2. Josh Feliciano

Josh Feliciano Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey Derek, I really appreciate you running that. I just wanted confirmation that something wasn't wrong in my configuration, or I was missing something obvious in my setup.

3. toxotis70

toxotis70 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    the review has a big mistake .

hdmi is version 2 and it can support 4k 60hz, that s what i am using right now

i have it connected in my samsung 40ku6000 at 4k 60hz, via hdmi cable.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
  4. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    A Super-Slim VR-Ready Notebook! MSI GS63VR Review (GTX 1060)

5. zedwards

zedwards Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Am waiting for my 001 from Best Buy. Had the Apache but wanted the VR and that extra kick. Am coming from a 5+ year old, 8 lb Sager NP8130 (with a GTX 560m), so have been obsessing over this. Tuesday can't come any sooner??

hmscott likes this.
  6. mosesbd

mosesbd Newbie

Reputations:
    don't do it, i am so disappointed from the screen quality i have approach msi to take the computer back in my own country (israel) and no response from them at all for a week
    i even wanted to add more money or extend to return policy so i can bring it back to the united states,
    right now my computer is for sell and im not touching it , this is the worse i have ever seen in terms of screen quality and colors.

return the 001 model asap,
    not to mention it has slower HDD and SSD, and lack of killer network doubleshot chip,
    all the reasons i bought this computer was missing from best buy model and i only found out once my relative brought it here to me in israel.
    and msi support does not even acknowledge my ticket in their website after registering my product with proof of purchase (recite)

7. Sfairat.Od

Sfairat.Od Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    As I've moved to the US, I've sold my old gs63vr to a friend in my home country and asked a friend at the US to order another one here (6RF / 4K version). Sadly, after unpacking it today, I saw a bunch of bad pixels near the middle of the screen (they're white when they should be black), so I'm gonna call MSI support tomorrow and discuss replacement options. Got it from online store, all the boxes were intact, the laptop itself also didn't look damaged so I didn't even expect anything strange with it. Another thing to mention is that power adapter's cord was packed in a little bit messy way (not as neatly as it usually is). Poor QC?

hmscott likes this.
  8. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Do a DOA exchange with the online store because MSI may or may not provide warranty repair depending on the amount of dead pixels.

DukeCLR and hmscott like this.
  9. Sfairat.Od

Sfairat.Od Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yea, after some thinking I suppose that it'll be better to contact retailer first. There're quite many white pixels, and I'd better have a replacement than warranty repair. Thanks for suggestion.
    Probably, I'm gonna file the MSI support ticket anyway to hear their options.
    This is how the screen looks like https://1drv.ms/i/s!ArpRaMZ_Kc2qjJEF-UmuhFmJp5OILg
    And this is how power coord is packed https://1drv.ms/i/s!ArpRaMZ_Kc2qjJEGtq3NYglgWdKzRA and faulty protective cloth (the one betweek the keyboard and the screen) https://1drv.ms/i/s!ArpRaMZ_Kc2qjJEDD-rQOXFK_gz9TQ

hmscott likes this.
  10. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I wouldn't mention why you are returning the laptop to the retailer, if they ask just say it's "not a good fit for me", and nothing else, otherwise they may try to get you to RMA through MSI.

It does look like it was unboxed and reboxed... that power cord wrap would never make it out of the original assembly / packing stage.

Maybe find another retailer...

DukeCLR likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.