MSI GS63VR Stealth Pro Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Diversion, Aug 29, 2016.

1. aban714

aban714 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I'm currently installing Witcher 3. Steams says its allocating space, still hasn't started downloading actually :p
    Funny thing is, I'm getting high CPU usage during this. At first I thought it might be the CPU usage issue some are having. But I did check before for this and the CPU usage was normal. 1-3% almost always. And when I exit the installation all goes back to normal. :-D

@Diversion
    Ill post back for fan noise after some gaming is done. :)

hmscott likes this.
  2. toxotis70

toxotis70 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    fan noise is high while gaming , but it's normal for such a powerful and slim machine.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

hmscott likes this.
  3. gbenedetto

gbenedetto Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I have this problem in dragon center... The windows key always is off... I put it on and after a restart came back to off... Someone experiencing the same? I tried installing the latest version but no luck.

hmscott likes this.
  4. toxotis70

Reputations:
    i have the same issue too....

hmscott likes this.
  5. aban714

Reputations:
    I havnt experienced that... its always on.

But, I think I do have an issue. CPU usage gets to high 90s and 100% and sometimes stays there while I'm doing anything with steam or origin. Edge browers dosnt do that... also while watching a movie, it stays at 6%-9% usage. While browsing it stays below 10% always. Funny thing is, I don't get the high CPU usage when I'm in the steam app or origin app. Only if I'm downloading a game through that I get the high usage... can anyone check to see if this happens?

hmscott likes this.
  6. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Do you have an anti-virus installed? It could be processing the files being downloaded, but excludes steam downloads.

7. aban714

Reputations:
    I've pretty much uninstalled every bloatware using revo uninstaller. I've been monitoring the CPU usage since my last post. It has gone away since then... Couldn't get it to replicate... Weird... Also been playing FIFA 16 with a bunch of friends, while not even remotely demanding, the notebook ran quietly and temps never reached 65c, stayed below that always. I dont think the fans went full. 60% i think. Ill get to more demanding games after some days. Schedule has been quite busy lately.

Running Unigine Valley will be a good representation of gaming load right? Still havnt seen how loud it actually gets. But as for now, im totally happy with the fan noise. And the system as a whole is really fast.

Just one thing thats a bummer... The HDD is way too slow to be included in something that costs this much... Anyone who buys this should consider replacing that with some SSD. And also, speakers are... whats the word... umm horrible... But i knew that before buying this, and as a person who uses headphones all the time, it wasnt a concern for me. The HiFi Sabre DAC really does make a difference. I can notice the difference with the same headphones on this and my friend's laptop. Its amazing. Sounds really good.

Ill post more results and impressions later hopefully. As for now, I'm impressed with the performance, and still cant stop being amazed at the size of this notebook. And weight. A solid notebook.

hmscott likes this.
  8. toxotis70

Reputations:
    did you removed the Nahimic app too?

hmscott likes this.
  9. alawadhi3000

alawadhi3000 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Colorimeter or a well trained eye.