MSI GS63VR Stealth Pro Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Diversion, Aug 29, 2016.

1. >sCoRPion<

>sCoRPion< Newbie

Reputations:
    I have the same problem. Tried to re-paste it but I could not solve the problem.

2. boyzstuff

boyzstuff Newbie

Reputations:

Hey, have you change maybe the Shift settings in MSI Dragon software? Maybe you're running OC?

3. shubham_2206

shubham_2206 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
  4. ir1

ir1 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
  5. Molvol

Molvol Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Yes, the network card will work, I just replaced my 8265 with a Dell DW1830 and they are m.2 with the small NGFF connectors. mPCI is already old and not found in something as new as a GS63.

Mechpower likes this.
  6. Mechpower

Mechpower Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello all,

So, my left hinge for the display broke off the back panel. :( Here's a link to something similar to what I am facing: https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=280828.0

I'm thinking of fixing this myself (since it's out of warranty) with these instructions: https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=299477.msg1741799#msg1741799

Has anyone else had this problem or heard of this problem?

While I have the bezel off, I was thinking of replacing the display with: https://www.laptopscreen.com/English/model/MSI/GS63VR STEALTH PRO-422/

What do you all think?

7. ir1

ir1 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I cant say i have seen that problem, not sure if there is any easier way to fix it than going to epoxy route, which makes me a little nervous, but you may not have much choice.

In regards to the screen, what you linked to doesnt provide much info. Are you looking to install a screen with a higher refresh rate or you just want an IPS screen? If so, it isnt clear that these screens will do that. I upgraded my GS63VR with a 120hz screen, pretty happy to far. But if all you want is an IPS screen, the one I took out of my GS63VR is an IPS 60hz, I have it sitting at work, looking to probably sell it actually.

8. bulldog8712

bulldog8712 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Having some GPU driver issues here. Can someone confirm which Nvidia drivers are the latest you’re running for the 1070 Max-Q? Mine are currently 391.48

9. eurodj101

eurodj101 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Usually run the latest ones available on my 1060 equipped one

10. WigglyB

WigglyB Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey there folks, I was wondering if anyone could help me out with finding a recovery partition for download. I did a fresh windows install on my GS63VR, and ever since the thing crashes whenever the NVIDIA graphics card starts up, or atleast soon after. I believe I installed everything in the right order, and have tried both the most recent, and MSI recommended, GPU drivers.

The original reason for the fresh windows was due to a bunch of issues I started having after attempting to troubleshoot Monster Hunter: World blue screens. Turns out one of my RAM sticks was fried, which I have since replaced.

Any suggestions on what I could do?