MSI GS63VR Stealth Pro Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Diversion, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Molvol

Molvol Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    What do you mean? I only know touchpads that are affixed to the palm rest by screws and if the touchpad needs replacement it will be exchanged as a unit. Once removed from the palm rest there's just a big hole in it. Is that glued into the palm rest on the GS63? So it can't be ordered as a spare part and easily exchanged?

2. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    It's not going to leave a hole there, the surface is part of the C panel, at least it's like that in most of them.

hmscott likes this.
  3. Mel Norris

Mel Norris Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello everyone... This is my first post here and I wanted to thank you for this thread because it was instrumental in my choosing to buy a GS63VR on Friday evening. I actually ordered one online from Fry's but they cancelled my order due to being out of stock. So, I ended up picking up a -252 at my local Best Buy. I knew the -001 had a poor panel, but somehow I missed the fact that the -252 has an even worse panel. Mine has the ultra poor Chi Mei CMN15D6 N156HGA-EAL, but thanks to this thread (and others) I have ordered a Samsung LTN156HL01-104 to replace it. On the upside, my laptop has quiet fans and runs very cool on my lap doing normal tasks. I was really worried about that from a lot of posts on this thread.

I'm sure I'll have more questions, but for now, thanks again for the great information!

ir1 and hmscott like this.
  4. TheSandman2236

TheSandman2236 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Does anyone have any experience converting a 6RF from the 3K/4K display to a FHD 120hz display? Specifically going from 40pin to 30pin?

5. SeanDude05

SeanDude05 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Just chiming in to say those of you with a 1080p 60hz screen that wish to go the 120hz route, DO IT.

Just replaced mine, it was very simple, and other than needing to reinstall Nvidia drivers to get Control Center to work again, no issues. It is smooth, and there is no issues with backlight problems. It looks amazing, and the difference in ever task is outstanding. The colors have a very Samsung OLED look to them, took some tweaking to desaturate the reds.

The panel I bought was the N156HHE-GA1

ir1 and hmscott like this.
  6. TheSandman2236

Reputations:

Which cable did you use to replace it? 40 pin? 30 pin? 40 to 30 pin?

hmscott likes this.
  7. Vagus

Vagus Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi everyone!

Is there any way that the GS63VR can connect to a 144hz monitor With g-sync and make both the 144hz and g-sync work? Can you do that With mini displayport?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
  8. TheSandman2236

Reputations:
    Use a mini-display port to displayport cable. It will work just fine.

9. Mel Norris

Mel Norris Newbie

Reputations:
    Just an update. My panel arrived and like I expected it wasn't a real Samsung panel. However it is a real LG LP156WF6(SP)(B2) which is supposed to have a 700:1 contrast ratio which is much better than the Samsung LTN156HL01-104. The new panel looks absolutely great! For comparison, I upgraded from a Mac Book Pro and I use a calibrated DELL UltraSharp 3440x1440 everyday at work and on my desktop PC. This thing looks just as good now. It's a shame MSI even wastes the time to install that Innolux garbage.

10. Donald@HIDevolution

Donald@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    It isn't MSI making the screen choice...that is Best Buy. When you order through a custom build to order reseller, you may pay a bit more, but you would have received the LG LP156WF6(SP)(B2) standard. It is a great screen...see the specs at http://www.panelook.com/LP156WF6-SPB2_LG Display_15.6_LCM_parameter_27137.html

I am glad that now you have a good screen, so ENJOY :)