MSI GS63VR Stealth Pro Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Diversion, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Dangatude

Dangatude Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey guys, I did yesterday a clean install. OMG its amazing the change! no more problems, much faster... I cannot believe how can msi screw its computers with bloatware. I was expecting just a little change but, it was huge.
    Actually if you guys have the last windows update (creators update) is quite easy, you can do it from the windows defender center. And windows keeps your data after the fresh reinstall, you only need to reinstall drivers but most of them come with windows update.

I fixed the temp with this:
    https://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Maste...7566&sr=8-1&keywords=cooler+master+notepal+u3

It works really well, you can put the three fans just below the three pc fans.

2. GenTechPC

GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Sorry about that and unfortunately it's not G-Sync capable. Talked to MSI they said since it's a 120Hz panel and G-Sync is not necessary:

MBN and hmscott like this.
  3. mrbee33

mrbee33 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
  4. iAhmed-07

iAhmed-07 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    is this a decent laptop for 1250$? used 6700hq, 16gb, 128gb ssd + 1tb hdd and 1060 version. been looking for a 1070 light slim laptop for a while and my budget is 1700 usd. worth the 450 usd difference to get a 1070 laptop like clevo p950 ? i am a little worried about temps and build quality specially the hinges too

RazerBlade 14 2016 is an option too

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
  5. F34R

F34R Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Anyone have any experience with the nvidia DSR option on this laptop? I don't even have the option to enable it via the nvidia control panel, or anywhere else.

I did a complete display driver removal, did a clean install of the latest nvidia 1060 drivers (not for notebook). I'm lost on this.

6. SDaudiophile

SDaudiophile Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    There is no light/slim true 1070 laptop in the market. The new max-q ones are light and slim but they're not true 1070s. Add to the fact that almost all of them cost over 2k. If you're willing to sacrifice the slim factor and have the budget, then getting the clevo p950 is a no-brainer in my opinion. There are other 1070 laptops too if you don't like the clevo. $1700 is a very fair price for it.
    For $1250, that's a really good deal on this laptop. I got mine from amazon for $1450 new. I'm very happy with it. Only downside are the terrible speakers. The hinges are not a problem for me. Since it is so slim, there is a slight bit of flex on the panel and the keyboard area, but nothing too concerning. The temps do get pretty warm but the skylake models can be undervolted quite a bit. After the undervolt, the temps have not been a concern.

Your last sentence contradicts your entire post. The blade is not a value-for-your-money machine. If you're concerned about the temps in the GS63, you'll be sweating a ton with the temps in the Blade. :)

7. SDaudiophile

Reputations:
    Looks like it's the 034 model. I haven't head of a Pro-4 model.
    If it is the pro-034 model, then it's the same as mine. It comes with an LG panel and personally, i think its pretty solid. Some folks think it's a bit dark and not vivid enough. I guess it depends on what quality screen you are used to using.

8. iAhmed-07

Reputations:
    i hate heating so much because my current experience with my HP also i need a sturdy build that can handle moving a lot and being carried in my bag most of the time so i am willing to pay more just for the good build, light weight and minimal heating issues.

i am confused and not sure if i can get the best for my needs even in my high budget

i can get gs63vr for 1350 new. the p950h4 is 1780 usd including shipping and it has 1070 mq. for at least 400 usd difference i am pretty much sure now the gs63vr is better deal than 1070 mq so i am cancelling p950 from my choices. the razer is 1350$ used too but i saw many bad review so i'll pass too.

the last options are waiting for a good deal from Alienware and get 15r4

or getting a new P650HS-G which costs about 1700usd too so i may pass too and wait for the alienware deal...

9. SDaudiophile

Reputations:
    Well i carry my GS63 in my bag almost every single day and i'm confident that it can handle everyday moving. The build quality is generally pretty good if you don't mind a little bit of chassis flex. If you're willing to undervolt, the temps will rarely go above 80C even in the toughest of real world loads.
    The Alienware is vastly superior though, build quality and temps wise that is. It's not light too. This thing is like a feather compared to the 15r3. But the alienware has next to no flex and will probably handle getting moved a lot better. I know folks who have undervolted the Alienware and it doesn't go above 72-73C which is ridiculous for a gaming laptop.
    I think in your case, if you are not in a hurry, wait for a good deal on the alienware. If not, then for $1350 new, you'll struggle to find a better machine than the GS63.

iAhmed-07 likes this.
  10. iAhmed-07

Reputations:
    15 r4 > gs63vr then. thanks man appreciate your help

SDaudiophile likes this.