MSI GS63VR Display Panel

Discussion in 'MSI' started by RagingOcelot, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Tanner@XoticPC

Tanner@XoticPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    That's the one I was thinking about. It's not that they are bad screens overall, just there's a lot of variance in them.

2. guyinlaca

guyinlaca Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Tested another 252 model at Best Buy. It also had the extremely poor Chi Mei screen. The viewing angles and contrast are far worse than the 001 they also had on display. Just another warning, if you're going to be using this without an external monitor, do NOT get the 252 if you're at all worried about screen quality.

3. Tanner@XoticPC

Tanner@XoticPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    There's a reason they cost less than equivalent models elsewhere.

4. eurodj101

eurodj101 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    One has two choices...live with it if u buy it or spend a bit more and get a better model...In all honesty i dont recommend the average joe to just do wha ti did and swap panels.

5. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Save the hassle on swapping and go with a better model that uses a better panel. It may be cheaper this way. :)

eurodj101 likes this.
  6. ResidentJack

ResidentJack Newbie

Reputations:
    What screen did you end up getting? I also need high srgb and adobe rgb for work and want a pro 4k scrren.

7. Stanley08

Stanley08 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hello Guys! I bought an MSI GP62MVR laptop. Fantastic performance. Especially after swapping out the HDD for an SSD. But the thing is, it came with this LG Panel (LP156WF6-SPK1) which isn't really a great panel per-se. Display is washed out, though some calibration icc file and cranking up saturation in Intel Graphics control panel helps, still doesn't take all the problems away.

I had the Dell 7559 laptop before. Upgrading was EASY! Screen, and even only one screw to get the everything under the hood. A dream really! (16 screws under the MSI LOL!).

Anyways, i also bought the AUO B156HAN01.2 which is a fantastic screen but i'm looking to replace it now and i saw where Tanner@XoticPC wrote about breaking the bezel or so. I didn't find a bezel named for my laptop. But can anyone confirm to me that this is the same Bezel? Same one for MSI GE62

http://www.ebay.com/itm//162451975527

It sure does look similar. Thinking of buying it before i attempt to replace my display

8. Matt123pj

Matt123pj Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey, I read through all of these, but I can't seem to get an answer for my question. I'm looking to purchase a gs63vr 001, i csnt afford the 4k option right now I am now reading the 001 has a bad panel. Can I change that panel for a 4k panel? Would the 4 lane edp connector work for the 001 (30 pin 2 lane) model? Which one of these panels would work?
    http://www.panelook.com/LQ156D1JW31_SHARP_15.6_LCM_overview_26820.html

http://www.panelook.com/LP156UD1-SPB1_LG Display_15.6_LCM_overview_26868.html

Thanks alot!

9. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    eDP is the type of connector used but the panel used 2 lanes instead of 4 so let's wait for others who had done this before to give you an answer.

10. Matt123pj

Matt123pj Newbie

Reputations:
    Ok, I'm thinking I would just buy 001 model and just swap out for the better 4k display. The price isn't bad for it. I just need to make sure that it will work. I don't want to be stuck with a bad panel.

Kevin@GenTechPC likes this.