MSI GS60 Ghost/ Ghost Pro Thread

Discussion in 'MSI' started by GreaseMonkey90, Jan 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prostar Computer

Prostar Computer Company Representative

Reputations:
    Low RPMs are normal in that temp range. Do you find the fan is a little excessively loud?

2. Xta-c

Xta-c Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    ah I see. Yes they are loud, is that normal, even though im on green mode and using 6% cpu? Since the fans are constantly on at 2.6-2.9k rpm at 32-37 degrees.
    Also Ive been playing csgo and Im somehow only getting around 90-115 fps on low! this doesnt seem normal, videos ive seen on youtube with the same laptop get around 200+fps. I'm also getting stutter lags now and then which is weird. Anyone know what is up?

Yes i was running on sports mode and Ive made sure ive updated my drivers and definitely made sure the game was running on the gtx 970m

Last edited: May 19, 2016
  3. EscalatorBoy

EscalatorBoy Newbie

Reputations:
    Okay, so after repasting, trying various different combinations of settings in nvidia inspector, and now testing all of Sen7inel's vbios', I'm at my wits end with all this throttling!

All the vbios flashes I've tried only result in freezing and crashing of the nvidia driver. The idea of undervolting the 870m to keep temperatures down is my last gasp before I finally give up, but none of the roms have worked. The vbios version I'm using is 80.04.EF.00.21 (there's a -75mhz bios somewhere in this thread for this version, but it caused crashes just like the ones Sen7inel posted). Any ideas on how I might solve this problem?

4. EscalatorBoy

EscalatorBoy Newbie

Reputations:
  5. azer89

azer89 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hello, I own a 2014 GS60 Ghost GTX860M. I'm wondering how I can get a battery replacement. the current one is swelling, so I'm afraid this will create a bigger problem in the foreseable future :(

6. Svegetto

Svegetto Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    You can get one directly from MSI, however it will take 4-6 weeks since they first have to ship it from Taiwan, to their center (Canada I believe) and then to you.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
  7. yjacket2001

yjacket2001 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    GS60 Ghostpro-064 15.6" GTX970M 6G, ssd RAID 0+ ssd

Greetings, I got my pc last year and just now have had time to get it going.

** I'm getting lines and black/white flashing randomly on the screen. It does it significantly more on the internet than stand alone, although it still flashes somewhat.

It's not real bad, but for a $2500 laptop, it sucks. Will video driver and/or bios fix it? I wish I had never got it if this is as good as it gets. This was supposed to be the reliable fast one - ??

TIA!

8. ahmetcan44

ahmetcan44 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Anyone has the 504 firmware? I can't seem to download it via old links.

9. caikovsky

caikovsky Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    GS 2QE-606 i7-5700HQ owner here.

I was wondering if it's okay to update my BIOS to "E16H5IMS.111" as it's stated here, because my system BIOS is "E16H5IMS.504" and it's not the "1XX" format.

Thanks!

10. yjacket2001

yjacket2001 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I wouldn't dare take a chance. Mine has never worked right from the dealer and flashes every couple of seconds on the net. I'm supposed to put another 100 hours in trying to fix it first. So far, it's been $2500 and about 6 man weeks wasted time. Good luck.