MSI GS60 Ghost/ Ghost Pro Thread

Discussion in 'MSI' started by GreaseMonkey90, Jan 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AmberB

AmberB Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey I managed to fix the problems problem and thinking about upgrading the m.2 ssd, would Samsung 850 would work or only 950 would work? I want 500gb for m.2 ssd since there's only one slot.

2. Derek712

Derek712 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Either will work. I use an a 1 tb 850

3. AmberB

AmberB Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Okay good, there was a sale on 500 gb that I want upgrade on my Skylake msi ghost pro. I was just worried it might not work since Skylake is brand new. Would there be speed differences between 850 vs 951*

4. Derek712

Derek712 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I'm sure the 951 is faster, but if you ask me very few people can probably tell the difference in terms of actual performance. There are enough reviews out there if you want to get the actual benchmark numbers to compare.

5. xx004

xx004 Newbie

Reputations:
    Okay so i'm new, but ive got a few qeustions!

i'm looking to buy the model "MSI GS60 6QE 029" here's a link to the store :
    http://www.wehkamp.nl/Zoeken/ArtikelDetail.aspx?ArtikelNummer=625035&Ntt=msi gs60&PI=0&PrI=0&Nrpp=96&Blocks=0&View=Grid

ive got two qeustions, when gaming, and using 1080p for increased performance, does it look blurry? and does it still need more performance as i'd use the 1080p version of the laptop and game at 1080p instead?

secondly, between this laptop and the "GS70 6QE 012" listed on this website which of the two is more silent :
    http://www.wehkamp.nl/elektronica/l...inch-laptop/C26_6F4_F5C_625031/?MediumCode=86

thanks for awnsering my qeustions, since both laptops are kind of pricy i do kinda want the one i like best, the qeustions i just asked are mostly deciding factors for me.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  6. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Please only post once instead of multiple posts, thanks.
    Your questions were addressed on the other thread that you had created.
    If you have any more questions, feel free to let us know.

7. Nikolay31

Nikolay31 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi guys, I'm new here and I want to upgrade the SSD of my GS-60 laptop.

I own the GS60 Ghost Pro 3k-097. It has one 1TB HDD and two 128GB m2SATA Raid0 SSD.

Xmas is coming soon and there are crazy SSD deals in my country (France). I was wondering if it is possible to replace the 1TB HDD with a 2"5, SATA 3, 7mm thick SSD? You can find the product here: http://www.ldlc.com/fiche/PB00172878.html . Tomorrow, the price will drop to 119 euros. I apologize for the website being in French, but if you scroll down a little, you should be able to read the specs. From what I read on the internet, the original HDD is 2"5.

Second question, provided I can swap the 2"5 original HDD with this SSD, will I still be able to use the other SSDs in my laptop (the m2sata ones)?

My setup would look like this if the upgrade is possible:

Primary drive: 2"5 480gb SSD hooked via SATA3
    Secondary drive: 2x 128gb m2sata raid0 SSD

Total storage would theoretically be 608gb, with two distinct hard drives.

Thank you experts, and sorry if this is a noob question, I'd rather ask first than pull the trigger on that SSD and then cry cause I can't upgrade my laptop :)

8. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Yes, you can configure it how you have described without issue.

9. Nikolay31

Nikolay31 Newbie

Reputations:
    Awesome, thanks Meaker for your fast reply -- pulled the trigger for that 480gb sandisk SSD for 114 euros. Looking forward to dual booting linux and win10 with that setup :)

10. fredz

fredz Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I can confirm this on my 4K GS60 Skylake. Is there anything that can be done? Even in Google Maps, the yellow roads are too dark. Bah!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.