MSI GS60 Ghost/ Ghost Pro Thread

Discussion in 'MSI' started by GreaseMonkey90, Jan 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. highlaw

highlaw Newbie

Reputations:
    Alright, thanks. Right now it's at 100% with no indication if it's charging or not (pic below). I'm really not ok with it, but I guess there is no solution. I'd hope at this price MSI would've had more options to expand on battery life (seeing that it doesn't last long to begin with)

bat.png

So what should I do? Just keep it plugged in 24/7 at 100%?

Another question, I like having the screen brightness and sound adjustment on the arrow keyes, they're easy to reach without looking. But I don't like having to use 2 hands to press Function key + volume/brightness (they are far apart). I opened the steelseries engine software to change Windows key into a second FN key. The windows key is clickable, but the FN one is not (in fact the only one you can't interact with) so I have no idea how to set a key to be FN.

I can set any key to CTRL, Alt, Tab, Caps lock or Shift, so I assumed you could also have more FN's. Is there any way to do it?

2. Svegetto

Svegetto Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Usually FN key is not remapable by any software; i'm guessing it's implemented at the hardware level making it off limits.

3. undertrip

undertrip Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    hi is the 860m on this device kepler or maxwell?

MSI GS602PE Laptop (Intel Core i7 4700hq, 15.6", 1TB, 8GB RAM , 2GB VGA, Win 8, Black)

4. Kilgore91

Kilgore91 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey guys, what's the best driver for the GT 840m?

Thanks!

5. highlaw

highlaw Newbie

Reputations:
    Is there any way to dim the power light?

light.jpg

well, that's a shame but nothing too bad.

6. Derek712

Derek712 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I was thinking about putting a resistor in, next time I opened it up. It should be pretty easy. What's annoying is I've noticed it stays on even while the lid is closed and the computer is asleep

7. Maarij

Maarij Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Anyone know the size of the M2 ssd screw (M2 2.5mm? M2 3mm?). Also, is it possible to turn off the lid logo light?

8. Derek712

Derek712 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    2.5mm or 3mm will both work. Go shorter just to be safe. There's no way to turn off the logo light. It's the same light that powers your screen. You could block the light by putting something behind it but that would require either removing the shield or the lcd panel

9. silverghost123

silverghost123 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Hi,

I've just ordered the MSI GS60 2QE from Amazon and it should arrive tomorrow. I have spent half an hour or so reading through the thread and wondered if there are any known issues/ tips that would be worth knowing for when it arrives.

Thanks,

10. be77solo

be77solo pc's and planes

Reputations:
    Let the battery charge fully and plugged in for a bit, and you'll see it change over to something similar to this:

Power_NoCharge.png

I just leave mine plugged in whenever sitting at desk and only unplug it when I take it with me without issue.