MSI GS60 Ghost/ Ghost Pro Thread

Discussion in 'MSI' started by GreaseMonkey90, Jan 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Try updating the firmware on your router, and see if you can change wireless encryption settings to WPA2/AES if you haven't.

2. eyung25

eyung25 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'm not sure if I can update the firmware myself as I am using an Comcast/Xfinity provided modem/router.

3. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Those ISP-provided equipment tend to have higher chance of compatibility issues. :(
    Some prefer to use their own equipment for wireless access point purpose.

4. bmhbmh

bmhbmh Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Apparently it can be for a price. There is a person by the name of Svet that does mods for MSI BIOSes
    Here is an example: GT628 Fn & LCtrl + ALT, WIN and BACKSLASH - WILL DONATE GREATLY

mosc2k likes this.
  5. G8GT594

G8GT594 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  6. colonels

colonels Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Just curious do you see performance gains in games overclocked? It's about a 10% increase on paper let me know if it translates in game. I can't overclock mine it keeps hanging.

7. Koopian

Koopian Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey all, any suggestions on a cooling pad for the GS60 with GTX 850m?

8. shiowen

shiowen Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Story of my GS60 GhostPro 3K-097 continued.

I'm so excited to know that my laptop has been fixed and now it is on the way back. I kept waiting for the online update, but nothing happened. So I made a phone call to the MSI support. What they surprised me is that they had received my laptop, fixed it and shipped it. The reason why they didn't give any information online is due to the upgrading of the MSI supporting system. The man answered the phone call is really reliable and helpful. Well, so far, I should say I am 100% satisfied with their post-sales support.
    It is shown on UPS that my laptop will come back by next Monday. I will post further update of my RMA experience.

9. shiowen

shiowen Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi. I'm using the CoolerMaster NotePal X2. By temperature monitoring, I should say the pad is helpless for cooling down the CPU & GPU temperature (I can hardly find any temperature decrease of the chips), but it can improve the user experience. That is the periphery of the laptop is cooled down. Maybe you could try the X3, which is the best cooling pad of CoolerMaster. It has a fan of 20mm, so it seems more effective.

10. G8GT594

G8GT594 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'll test with BF4 over the weekend and get back to you. Comparing 3Dmark11 my machine was getting 5300-5315 stock so a 15.5% increase. I found a 3dmark11 score in this thread with an 870m equipped machine which was 6723 stock, so 8% faster than mine.

Now the big question... is the clocked 860m actually going to be stable? lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.