MSI GS60 Ghost/ Ghost Pro Thread

Discussion in 'MSI' started by GreaseMonkey90, Jan 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CoppDog

CoppDog Newbie

Reputations:
    Nope .. No option for Nvidia surround at all

2. Nyceis

Nyceis Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Question for the VBIOS modders involved with the GS60. Would it be possible to mod the VBIOS to increase the thermal limit? I know it sounds crazy, but what if we got another 2-3 degrees, I wonder if that would help.

To anyone, what is the easiest/best way to test for throttling? I don't want to use Furmark as that is not a realistic test.

Finally, in updating the EC, the pinhole - does this need to be pressed when the AC adapter is unplugged or when? Little fuzzy on this.

Thanks,
    N

3. Nyceis

Nyceis Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Hi, would one of the VBIOS modders do me a favor? I found that for my system Sen7inel 's minus75 VBIOS results in the lowest temps for me. Would one of you mind updating the latest VBIOS to use his settings? I have 80.04.EF.00.21 but sen7inel's BIOS's are version 80.04.EF.00.A2. I would prefer to use the .21 version but with Sen7inel's settings from minus75.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

N

4. HazrD

HazrD Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Have used this laptop for about 5 days now, so far I've played SC2, D3, SWTOR, CSGO for 3-4 hours straight each. Max temp for CPU is 78C and GPU (870M) is 87C. Absolutely fantastic and have not found any flaws. The only annoyance I have is accidentally clicking on the touchpad buttons while typing or gaming. They seem to extend 50% of the touchpad from the bottom.

5. Imperviable

Imperviable Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Isn't the touchpad automatically disabled when you have a mouse plugged in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. HazrD

HazrD Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yup, it's fully disabled. However, the actual mechanical buttons are still pressable. Usually I accidentally click it with my left palm when adjusting my hand slightly to the right.

7. Nyceis

Nyceis Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    So, I decided to learn tonight and have bought Svet's BIOS editor and have simply moved Se7inel's changes to the .21 VBIOS. I have really good results with this on my system. Machine stays much cooler, and seems to take longer to ramp up to full fans. All credit goes to Se7inel and Mardon, I just did this one small tweak :)

View attachment minus75-21.zip

Update: 3dmark firestrike runs and furmark gets to 5 minutes before throttling but 3dmark 11 crashes. Oh well :(

N

mardon and Reks like this.
  8. hitzgut

hitzgut Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm not too sure if this has already been answered, but on some games it still uses the intel integrated graphics rather than the gtx870m. Is there anyway to force it to use the 870m as the integrated grpahics means some games don't run as well as they could, I have to lower some settings on these games!!

9. dennis96411

dennis96411 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Try right-clicking on the game executable and choosing to run using the dedicated GPU or setting up a profile for the game executable in the NVIDIA control panel.

10. DuskCleric

DuskCleric Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey mardon, I would really like to try your improved 860M Bios :) But is it save with the upped voltage or am I frying my card than after extended use? ;-) Not sure if OC'ing is covered with the warranty tho?

BTW.: My trackpad is slightly uneven - the right side is a little bit deeper than the left side: The right side is 0,5 mm leveled, whereas the left side the same level as the chassis. It isnt an issue because I barely use the trackpad, but it would be interesting if someone else has this "problem"?

Additionally my space bar is squeaking a little bit. has anyone an idea to fix that?

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.