MSI GS43VR Phantom Pro's Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'MSI Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by MiSJAH, Jul 1, 2016.

1. gbenedetto

gbenedetto Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Same issue here with a gs63vr... Specially when I press the battery icon... I have tried everything that I read and no luck solving it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2. fluttey

fluttey Newbie

Reputations:
    On top of the usual stuttering while doing basic tasks, the last day or so I have noticed intermittent framerate spikes while gaming. All of my temperatures are fine, so I figured it must be because I was messing with different overclocking software. But even after completely resetting Windows, I'm still getting these lag spikes. Any ideas on what could be going on?

3. Derek712

Derek712 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Any particular game or all games?

4. fluttey

fluttey Newbie

Reputations:
    It's happening in both The Witcher 3 and GTA V, which are really the only games I've installed. At first the clock speed was dropping to 139MHz for an instant, and while it isn't anymore, the framerate spikes are just as bad.

5. alejo099

alejo099 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I have frame-rate drops in Dark Souls 3. I thought it was becuase I had it installed in the HDD, installed in the SSD. Same thing. Will try in another game.

Anyone know how to remove that small black box that follows you around when you are moving windows around?

hmscott likes this.
  6. fluttey

fluttey Newbie

Reputations:
    Alright, I've tried literally everything I can think of, from resetting Windows to uninstalling the touchpad drivers, and none of it is working. Unless there's some sort of magic fix that comes along soon, I'm afraid that I'll have to return this laptop. I could deal with the occasional microstutter while doing basic tasks, but it's unacceptable in gaming. It's a shame, because I otherwise like this laptop.

hmscott likes this.
  7. tmcgrady

tmcgrady Newbie

Reputations:
    Do windows 7 drivers exist for this laptop? I'm planning to install windows 7 instead of 10 since it's what I prefer, but I haven't been able to find drivers that weren't for windows 10.

8. Pardo

Pardo Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Guys, I have a problem I'd like your help with please.

I have the GS63, but I think the GS43 is pretty similar. My problem is the Killer wifi. I've tried installing the full Killer Suite as well as uninstalling and installing just the driver. In both cases, my ping spikes and connection disconnects, despite other laptops and devices having strong connections in the same location. It's just messed up. Any advice?

9. GhostWhisprer

GhostWhisprer Newbie

Reputations:
    Make sure it's not your modem that's causing the issue.
    Try restarting it, also try tethering your phone to see if the issue persists.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

10. montobrah

montobrah Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I've had issues with Killer too. First it was a CPU usage leak with the latest version. Now it's just mediocre speeds and a few ms extra ping. Have you tried an older driver? Also, make sure to restart after every install and every uninstall.

Have you tried uninstalling: Intel Rapid Storage, Nahimic (these both gave me issues), setting the 1060 as your preferred GPU in Nvidia Control Panel as well as setting it to maximum performance, etc?